Chapter 1 - The Email

Your P.O.V.

It was just another usual day in summer. I lazily got out of bed and made breakfast for my roommate, Luke, and I. I was just about to pour some pancake batter into the hot pan, when I suddenly felt something grab my waist.

 “WHAT THE???” I yelled.

 “…hi” Luke just smiled and continued to hug me as he rested his heavy little head on my shoulder. “food smells good.”

“Geeeez Luke!! You scared the heck out of me!!”

 “Sorry.” he said in his deep groggy morning voice.

 Totally ignoring Luke for now, I continued flip the pancakes.

 “Hungry?”

 “Yup!” he said popping the p. Leaving my side with his eyes still only slightly open, Luke finally set the table for breakfast. I placed all of the steaming fluffly pancakes on a plate and set it in the middle of our little table.

 I’ve always enjoyed Luke’s company. We’ve been best friends ever since our choirs toured Australia together, when I was still in high school 1 year ago. Oh, the memories.

  Once I was finished, I gathered up the plates, picked up my laptop, and plopped myself on the couch. Luke creepily following me the whole entire time, sat next to me and cuddled with my body.

 “If you’re tired you can just go back to bed. We don’t have anything planned for today.” I said looking into his beautiful blue eyes.

 “But.bed.so.far.away.” He glared at me only squeezing me tighter.

 “Whatever sleepy head...”

 I went onto my babysitting website and updated my profile picture. Next I was scrolling through my email to see if anyone had wanted me for the job, when I saw a message from a Lou Teasdale. I immediately opened it happily, since I haven’t gotten much work due to lack business lately. I remember this lady, she was the one with the really cute brit baby!! What was her name???

 Dear Miss (y/l/n),

             My name is Lou Teasdale. I think we’ve met once before at a daycare in America sometime. You seem like a very well experienced nice young lady. I’ve been considering hiring you for my baby, Lux. I have such a busy schedule and I need to know that someone will be there to take care of her for a while. I remember you two got along very well at the daycare and I would be so happy if you took this offer. I’m so sorry this letter is so small dear, but I’ve been so busy being a hairstylist and all. I’d like to set a meeting maybe next Tuesday at the Starbucks on Westminster and Beach Blvd. I’m free all that time and will be hanging out there all day, so whenever you want to meet it fine.

 Sincerely,

    Lou Teasdale

 P.S. Lux wanted to make sure I said told you that she says hi! <3

 “YAY!!!!!!!!” I jumped up forgetting that Luke was asleep on my side. He body tumbled off the couch.

 “What was that for????” He violently screamed in my face.

 “…sorry!!” I quickly kissed him on the forehead and picked up my cell and started texting my best friends Rachel and Katie.

 ~to Rachel and Katie

OMG!!! YOU GUYS WOULD NEVER BELIEVE WHAT JUST HAPPENED TO ME!!!!! 

~ Rachel

haha, hey Starburst! 

~ Katie

OMG!!! WHAT?????

 ~Me

I JUST GOT A JOB OFFER!!! 

~Rachel

FROM WHO??  *GASP* 

~Katie

Don’t tell me it’s from that cute brit couple… 

~Me

BUT IT IS!!!!! I’M GONNA BE BABYSITTING LUX!!!!! IN LONDON!!

~Rachel

Lucky!! 

~Katie

…oh.my.gods of Olympus 

~Me

Seriously Katie?? 

~Katie

stop being such a pansycake 

~Me

…peasant 

~Katie

Mortal 

~Me

I.AM.NO.MORTAL!!!! HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT YOU LOW-LIFE PEASANT!!! 

~Rachel

whoa, calm down girls 

~Katie

…sorry 

~Me

yeah, sorry Rach! anyways that’s the big news!! g2g…I accidently pushed Luke off the couch! O_O So he's still kind of just laying there in shock 

~Katie

OMG!!! EVIL!! 

~Me

HEY! IT WASN’T MY FAULT!!!...PEASANT

~Rachel

girls…

~Me

sorry...anyways, she even said I could bring a friend, but don't get your hopes up too high

~Rachel

omg, take me!

~Katie

pft! No! Me!! Come on!!! i've known you longer!!

~Me

Look, I'm already taking Luke! He just don't know it yet...

~Rachel

awwwwwe, how sweet!!

~Katie

<3 for goodness sake! Are you 2 a thing yet??

~Me

Noooo!!!! We're just really good friends! Plus I promised that nxt time i go, i take him

~Katie

Darn him....hey, can you come ovr latr and help me get ready??

~Me

...for what???? OMG!!! DON'T TELL ME ASHTON FINALLY ASKED YOU OUT!!!! I SHALL TOTES BE THERE!!!

~Katie

yet, he did! Thnx!! <3

~Me

Mkay, lov ya’ll bye! <333

~Rachel and Katie 

kk, love ya! bye! <33

-----------------------------

okay! that was my VERY first time EVER writing a fanfic here!! I know first chapter...kinda boring, but hey! it's my first time! Please comment, rate, share!! Let me know if I need to make any changes or anything!! Any ideas?? I hope you guys really like it!! Love ya'll <3333