Chapter 18: Official

Comenzar desde el principio

"You better say yes," one of my sisters shouted out. I laughed and wiped my eyes. "Kevin Marcel Davis. I would be honored to be your wife," I said. He eagerly placed the ring on my finger. "Look at that it's the perfect fit too," he laughed. Kevin got up off of his knee and wrapped me in a hug. I held his face and kissed him. "I love you," I said giving him a few pecks on the lips. "I love you too," he said. Everyone cheered.

My dad popped open a bottle of champagne. "It's time to celebrate!" My dad poured everyone a glass. "To Alyssa and Kevin!" He shouted. Everyone raised their glasses. "Alyssa and Kevin!"

Kevin swooped me up again and kissed me. "You are so slick," I laughed. "How'd you get my parents on board? And my brothers? You met them?" I bombarded him with a ton of questions and everyone laughed. "With the help of Janelle," he laughed, "I took the initiative one weekend to meet your family and spend time with them. I was a lil nervous, but they welcomed me with open arms." I was so shocked. "And if my brothers like you that's a really big deal. What'd you do?" I asked looking up at him.

"Aye what happens between brothers stay between brothers," one of my brothers shouted out. "Um. I appreciate the fact that y'all bonded and everything, but that's not gon' work, because I'm about to be Mrs. Kevin Davis." Everyone laughed.

As time went on everyone came up to congratulate Kevin and I, hug us, and offer us words of encouragement. Before everyone left I wanted to say something. "Excuse me everyone," I called out. They started to quiet down within a few minutes. They gave me their attention. "I just want to say that the outpour of love you all have shown me tonight has been paramount. I am so thankful that you all came out to support Kevin and I. I was truly surprised by this all and am so glad that you were all a part of this." I started tearing up again. "I love y'all more than y'all know."

"Awww Lys," everyone started and surrounded me in a big group hug. After a few seconds they let me go. I dabbed at my eyes. I blew a kiss at my parents. "Y'all are the best." I looked over at Kevin. "I love you baby. I love you so much." I kissed him again, more passionately this time though. "Alright that's enough," one of my brothers teased.  Everyone laughed. I turned away from them and playfully kissed him so more.

After a few more minutes people startled to trickle out. They hugged me as they left. My parents were some of the last ones to leave. I thanked them profusely for the loft and hugged them tightly as they headed out. Only Adrian and Janelle were left now.

"I'd love to stay and chat, but I know y'all want the place to yourself," Janelle teased, "So, we're gonna head out."

I chuckled. "Okay love," I said reaching out to give her a hug. Come over tomorrow and let me know when you're back on campus. I reached over and hugged Adrian. "Thank you so much for coming. I really appreciate y'all." After I shut the door behind them I wandered around the loft with Kevin not too far behind me.

"Wow. My parents really out did themselves. This place is really beautiful."

"Yeah. They really did," Kevin chimed in from a little distance behind me.

I stopped at my bedroom door and peered in. I walked in and looked around. My parents wanted me to decorate my place how I wanted it, but they set up a temporary bedset in my room so I wouldn't have to sleep on the floor. I was so thankful.

"Lys," Kevin called out to me from far away.

"Yeah," I called out as I left my bedroom. "Kev where you at," I said as I walked into the living room. Not seeing him there I walked into the kitchen.

"Damn. This loft must be bigger than I think if Kevin can hide his ass in here," I said to myself. "Babe where are yooou?" I left out of the kitchen. "In here," I heard Kevin say. I started to hear music playing. I walked down a little hallway and towards a den-like room I didn't even know existed until now. It was hidden a good ways back from the kitchen.

I walked inside and saw Kevin standing on the other side of the room

"Hey," I smiled.

"Hey," he smiled back.

I walked over to him and grabbed the red wine he offered me. I said thank you and took a sip. I peered over the glass and looked at him before removing it from my lips.

"What," he grinned.

I replied, "nothing," and sat the glass down on the nearby table.

He chuckled and grabbed me by my waist. "What," he said again, his voice now a whisper in my ear. Feeling his body pressed up against mine felt safe. I looked into his eyes and then let my eyes linger over his lips. "I just---I can't believe that I actually get to marry you," I smiled. He sat his glass down beside mine and looked at me. "I'm really the lucky one though. I get to marry the woman of my dreams." I blushed unexpectedly.

"Kevin---"

"What? I'm serious," he interjected. He looked down at me and gave me a quick kiss on the forehead. "Let's toast," he said picking up both of our glasses.

I raised my brow as I took the glass from his hand. "Okay. A toast to---"

"The Davis'," Kevin chimed in.

I raised my glass and clinked it with his. "To the Davis'," I smiled.