Purple Polish

Brady

I've had zero hours of sleep. I'm sitting in the hospital waiting room with the rest of the guys. I'm not allowed in Samantha's room, but I can see it from where I'm sitting.

I haven't been given any updates on her health, but something feels off. 

I hear a few beeping noises and see the doctors rush into her room.

Two hours earlier...

Samantha

James Arthur really helps me forget about what's going on around me. What a life saver. I'm organizing my nail polish, because that's what I do when I'm stressed.

A few minutes go by and then I notice the smell of smoke near my bedroom door. The power goes out and the flames reach my room. I try to find my door but it's almost impossible to see from the smoke. The smoke gets to me and everything goes black.

Narrator

Samantha falls to the floor, hitting her head, and dropping the dark purple nail polish all over her white carpet.

Brady is outside on the driveway when he realizes something isn't right. 

He runs back into the burning house while everyone calls his name. He can't leave her.

He has never been in her room before and doesn't know where to go. He checks a few rooms and yells her name. He finally finds her room and sees her lying on the floor. He picks her up and runs outside.

There were burns on her body and her pulse was very low.

~

a.n.// this story will be ending soon :(((((