Chapter 1: The Begining

You can imagine... That the packing wasn't much fun. Oh trust me, it wasn't fun. And I lived in my small apartment without resources for about a week, seeing as my lack of transportation was what was...well transporting me.

It was kind of a nice feel, the breeze in my hair, clinging onto another person's warmth, the surroundings melting into fast blurs of orange, green, and white.  The ride wasn't that bad.

But can you guess what I rode?

A convertable? Pshh, you would've thought.

A motorcycle? Nah too scared of those.

A bike you say? You were only joking were you? Well that's too bad, because you were sadly correct.

Yes here I am, riding on a big purple bicycle, clinging to my 14 year old sister's waist as she peddled down the hill.

"We're almost there sis, just hold on, kay?" she panted out. I nodded weakly against her back. If you wanted to know why we were riding a bike, well its because there aren't many buses, let alone taxis, rolling along the country parts of Japan.

The final bus kindly allowed her to bring her bike on with her, and he let us out on the outskirts of my new home town, which was an hour drive from that particular bus station. You can imagine it only took even longer by bike.

Finnally, I felt my sister halt the bike suddenly, jolting me me forward in a very violent manner. She turned to me with a sad smile on her face.

"Well, you're at your new home now...I guess I'll see you around." she said, sadness basically dripping from her voice. I stared at her like she was crazy. Scratch that, she is... I thought to myself.

"Are you kidding me?" I said "We're a good 20 minutes away from town! You're really letting me off here?"

"Hmmm, it's about an extra ten minutes if you walk, right?"

"Don't drop me off here!" I said distressed. She giggled at my expression for a second before becoming very serious.

"Sorry but, that town..." she turned towards the town, which was down the rest of the hill, and a good while's walk the rest of the way there. My sister then turned back to me, a very uncomfortable expression upon her features.

"It gives me the creeps..."

* * *

After a couple more minutes talking and heartfelt goodbyes, my sister turned around and peddled all the way back to the bus station. I felt bad that she had to do all that work, though. I then turned back around and started towards the town. I couldn't help but feel bothered by what she said.

Come to think of it, she never did come down with me when I visited this place during the summer...

I thought to myself the whole way back down the hill. I stopped when I noticed how late it was. I looked up at the now red sky, turning red because of the ever so setting sun.

I held a hand up to it and stared at its beauty for a few minutes. What am I doing sitting here staring...A picture would probably last longer... I pulled out my iPhone and took a quick picture.

From there on, I ran the rest of the way towards the town. My motivation being a memory of old neighbors telling me that this place wasn't very safe in the dark.