Eloise let out a breath and stepped out from her hiding place, eyes averted from the two people in front of her.

"Mama said I'm not supposed to talk to strangers."

"Oh, we're not strangers. I'm the Doctor. And this is Rose." The man grinned happily and woman gave her a reassuring smile.

The little girl took an involuntary step back.

"I don't like doctors." Eloise mumbled frowning at him.

The man blinked in barley contained surprise as a warmth gently grew within his chest and spread through his entire body. He knew exactly what it meant and he let out a slow, shaky breath, trying his hardest not move from where he stood.

"But I'm not just any boring doctor. I'm The Doctor."

"You're a stranger."

"No I'm not. I'm the Doctor."

"Tha-"

"Eloise? Eloise! Ellie!"

The trio heard the little girl's mother calling frantically and looked back at the mouth of the alley.

The strange man looked back at Eloise with sad eyes. "Is that your Mama?"

She nodded hesitantly and watched as he looked at his shoes dejectedly, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Your Mama sounds pretty worried." The woman said to the girl softly.

"Yeah . . ." Eloise trailed off.

"Well, best you be off." The man muttered. "Go on then."

The woman looked at him strangely.

"Oh, okay."

The sad man looked up to see the little girl gazing at him and he gave her a false cheery smile.

The Doctor couldn't bare to watch as he let the little girl pass. It took everything in him to stand in that one place and not move.

Eloise once again stood at the opening of the alley. She could see her mother searching through the crowds of people for her and was about to run to her, when something stopped her. She didn't know what it was exactly that made stop. She didn't know why she turned around to catch one last glimpse of the strange man. She also didn't know why, at the sight of him, a heavy feeling sat on her chest.

The girl once again looked at her mother, still searching for her in the crowd, then back at the man, the women saying something inaudible to him.

The Doctor could barely hear what Rose was saying to him. Something about leaving, he didn't know. All he could think of was the little girl he just let go.

His counterpart.

His other half.

"Doctor?"

He jumped when Rose lay it'd her hand on his shoulder and quickly wiped away growing tears.

"Ah, yes. Rose. It seems like we have a bit a problem."

"Docto-"

"You see, the Tardis is being a little temperamental right now-"

"Doct-"

"-and she doesn't want to show herself, so we might have to-" He cut himself off as he felt small arms wrap around his leg.

Eloise squeezed the mans leg tightly and pressed her face to his thigh, eyes closed, the heavy feeling vanishing in an instant.

"Doc-"

"Bye, Mister Doctor man."

Prying the little girl from him, he crouched down and raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, so I'm Mister Doctor man now?"

Eloise bit her lip and looked at the man with a furrowed brow. She shrugged shyly and made her way to the mouth of the alley back the street. But before she was swallowed by the crowd, she turned around one last time and gave the man and woman a small, hesitant smile before frowning again.

"I still don't like doctors."

She turned around and disappeared into the crowd.

"Doctor, what was that?"

The Doctor's gaze was transfixed on where the little girl had disappeared, barely noticing the Tardis make herself visible.

He ignored Rose and walked over to the big blue box, placing a hand of her side.

"You did this on purpose, didn't you."

It wasn't really a question.

The familiar groaning sound greeted the Time Lords ears and he shook his head.

"Thought so."

.•:•.

New Story.

Woo.