William Revenous Chapter Two - In The Train

Start from the beginning

"So Revenous. All alone in this compartment. Couldn't find friends this year?", Montague sneered. 

"At least I don't have to bully my friends into being my friends Montague.", William Snapped back.

He was never good in ignoring bullies. And this time is no different. 

"I'd watch my words if I were you Willy, or I'd be forced to give you lines. Being a prefect and all..", Montague replied in a very childish voice. 

"So you finally became Prefect of your House then Montague? Do that always go for the most trollike, least braincellic of the bunch? I'm sure you aced that on both fronts."

Montague quickly draws his wand. William didn't anticipate that. Before it has always been namecalling and just silly tripping spells. Never had a wand been drawn and pointed directly at his face. Unfortunately for William he couldn't respond at all. His own wand was stashed safely in a box in one of his trunks. If that wasn't the case he would've been sent to azkaban because the temptation to use magic was simply too great for him. 

"Conjuctivitis!", Montague cries out. A weird red flash emerges and subsides just as fast. After this William cries out in pain. His eyes were bleeding and his hands are reaching to cover them. 

"That should be enough for now Revenous. Let's go guys", Montague sneers and he leaves the compartment. Apparently he had two followers behind him all this time. This could have been much worse if he actually retaliated..

"Are you alright Will?", finally a familiar voice, William thinks. 

"Cedric. Yes I'm fine. He cursed me with an eye bleeding spell. Do you know the incantation against it?"

"I do.", Creddric replies and after a few words William's eyes stop bleeding. "Can you stand?"

"I can, but my eyes are still blurry. At least I'm not blind. I'm glad you practiced the counterspell.", William said gratefully. "Hey im seeing all kinds of weird colours now. This spel has odd side effects. It makes everything look more cheerful though."

From the sound of Cedrics laugh William can hear that he hasn't changed a bit since two months ago. Cedic comes from a pureblood family, and he has no clue how to use a telephone decently. they tried it once and that almost resulted in William needing hearing aides. Unfortunately he can't  mail by owl, since he knows William's parents have shot their last one out of the tree next to William's window. 

Other than Cedric joining the compartment, a young boy and girl join in. From the looks of them William guesses they're second year students. Cedric tells Wiliam about his summer vacation. He rarely did anything worth mentioning and he doesn't have much contact with other families in the neighborhood. Apparently the Weasley's live near them, but they never really visit them. Next year they would probably go to watch the world cup series. But that's too far away to be really excited about. Other than the Weasleys there aren't many wizarding families that have sons or daughters of his age. Most of his fullblood neighbors are over sixty and prefer to keep to themselves. 

The door of the compartment slides open and an old lady enters with a cart. 

"Anyone fancies some candy?", she asks the four of them. 

Wiliam and Cedric glance at each other. It is impossible for William to get candy in the summer and for Cedric it was rare to see someone like William being surprised every time a candy box opens. Also it was kind of impossible for William to get Wizard money, since there were no banks

in the Netherlands providing the coins. 

"For me and my friend here twenty chocolate frogs and .. I think ten icy mice will do the trick", Cedric replies. "Don't worry Will, I think it would be horrible not to be able to buy anything. I'll share them with you of course."