Nova at first thought Jack's habit of always wanting to know where he was just because he wanted to make sure he was safe. When it turned into multiple texts and calls though alarms started to go off in his head.

He had walked into photography that day and Jack was already waiting for him siting on his desk.

Nova smiled at him but Jack just stared at him with an angry look on his face, causing a pocket of cold to bloom in his stomach.

"What's wrong babe?," Nova asked setting his stuff down.

Jack gripped the side of the desk and said in a gruff voice, "where were you last night?" "I called and texted you but you never answered."

"Oh, I was just studying late in the computer lab with Kaylie, she needed help with some math." Nova shrugged and gave him an apologetic smile. "I had my phone off, I'm sorry," he lifted his arms to wrap them around Jack's neck but Jack just grabbed both his wrists.

Jack tightly squeezed them causing a small gasp of pain to come from Nova's lips. "Don't ever keep your phone off, what if I got into trouble and needed someone to call? Do you not want to be the one to help me?," he said squeezing harder.

Nova was sure there would be matching bruises on both of wrists now. "N-No," Nova stuttered. "Of course I would wanna be the one to help."

"Then keep your phone on," Jack sneered letting go of his wrists and hopped off Nova's desk and sliding into his own seat.

Nova sat down and kept his mouth shut the whole hour of class and didn't so much as pay a second of attention, his eyes just staring wide eyed at his desk.

"Nova," he heard a soft voice say.

Nova looked up and saw Jack watching him a sad look on his face, his brown eyes full of pain.

"I'm really sorry if I scared you baby," Jack said gently as he reached over and grabbed Nova's hands. Much more gently than his grab earlier, he kissed the light red marks that ringed Nova's wrists. "You know I just wanna make sure your okay right?" Jack said looking up at Nova.

Nova nodded his head giving a light smile, "I know." "I'm sorry too, I'll keep my phone on for you okay?"

Jack got a happy smile on his face that immediately made Nova forget his behavior and caused him to smile back. "That's my Nova," he leaned over the desk kissing all over his face causing Nova to giggle and grin.

This was the Jack that Nova was used too, the one that made him stay as long as he did.

Over the two years of dating Jack had seriously changed Nova for the worst. He had basically cut off all communication from friends and even family. So all Nova would have would be Jack. He would constantly berate him but then apologize for it so Nova would forgive him and continue to stay.

Jack would always be with Nova every second of the day. Even convincing Nova to switch some of his classes to ones they could take together, making him go off track of what he wanted to do.

Nova's friends still tried to help him get away from Jack but he had the smaller boy completely wrapped around his finger. Nova would do anything to please or make Jack happy with him.

It wasn't until that night that things had finally made Nova see what type of person Jack really was.

Jack had never done anything to physically harm Nova. Psychologically is where he got Nova most.