Just as he was about to continue talking, Billy interrupted, barging into the room.

"Harley, you'll never guess what I just found out." He told his sister.

"Not now, Billy." Harley groaned.

"I did some research on this house cause Cindy said someone died here." He explained.

Now he had Harley's attention. She had been meaning to do research on Ashton's death since she didn't feel comfortable asking him about it. Ashton looked at Billy too, waiting to see what he would say about the murders.

"Apparently they were all asleep when a group of robbers--" Billy began.

"A group of killers." Ashton corrected, not that Billy could hear him.

"snuck into the house. And so, the parents woke up, their kids too. It was a family of five. And the robbers tied up the entire family--in this very room. They were severely tortured; like fucking extreme. They all got their fingers chopped off, and other things like that. But there was a boy, a teen like us, he had it worse." Billy read off some notes he had jotted down. "The crazy thing is that the guys who broke in didn't take anything. Yet the police still concluded it was a robbery. They say the bodies were buried all over the property, but it used to be so big back then. They could be buried under one of the new houses for all we know."

"I'm buried under the floorboards in your balcony. Well, it was my balcony back then." Ashton added nonchalantly.

She turned to look at him, eyed widened in shock.

"And your brother's right. My family was buried where they build the new houses."

Having finished what he needed to tell her, Billy turned and strode out of her room. She got up and went to lock her door, wanting to make sure no one would barge in without knocking first. Taking her place in front of the mirror again, she said in a daze. "What did they do to you?"

"They chopped my fingers off," He shrugged, lifting his hand up for her to see. Suddenly, his fingers disappeared and in the reflection of the mirror she could see a bloody and mutilated remainder of his hand. "The rest is too bloody and sick to tell you about." She looked at his hand again and found he had fingers again.

"I'm sorry this happened to you." She breathed, "I know we don't actually know each other because you died like fifty years ago...but I can tell you're a nice guy. You didn't deserve this." 

As she spoke, her hand reached out slowly and she touched the mirror. Only this time, she didn't feel the cool glass of the mirror, but rather it felt like water. Just like Calum said. And she saw her fingers go through it with ease.

Ashton watched her closely, reaching out to meet his hand with hers. 

And she could feel it. She could feel his hand; the artificial warmth which was only an illusion, but it felt all too real.

She closed her eyes tightly and pushed forward. There was a slight struggle, but she felt his hand slip into hers and he yanked her into his world, beyond the looking glass that stood in her bedroom.

When her eyes opened again, she saw it was an exact replica of her bedroom, but every object was mirrored. 

In this world, he didn't look like a greenish tinted copy of himself, like he did in her world. His skin, his flesh was colored normally, his eyes weren't dull, and his hair looked soft enough to touch. Noticing the amazement on her face, he grinned,

"Welcome to my mirror world."

-

SORRY THIS ONE'S KINDA SHORT.

I JUST THOUGHT WE ALL NEEDED A HARLEY AND ASHTON MOMENT IN OUR LIVES. I KNOW I DID. LOL.

SO I HAD SAID I WOULD UPDATE WHEN THIS STORY REACHED 65K READS AND YOU GUYS DID IT. AND YOU MADE ME SO FUCKING HAPPY.

THE NEXT UPDATE WILL COME AT 75K READS, WHICH WILL MOST LIKELY TAKE AN AVERAGE OF TWO DAYS(: 

HERE IS A LITTLE UPDATE GOAL CHART:

CHAPTER 17 @ 75K READS

CHAPTER 18 @ 90K READS

CHAPTER 19 @105K READS

AND SO ON.

FOR NOW, THAT'S MY READS GOAL. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT. THIS STORY MIGHT HAVE ABOUT 30 CHAPTERS AND THEN I MIGHT DO A SEQUEL. ORIGINALLY, I HAD PLANNED FOR THIS TO BE A THREE BOOK SERIES. BUT NOW, I'M CONSIDERING JUST MAKING THE WHOLE THING ONE LONG 60+ CHAPTER BOOK; AND JUST LIKE SPLIT IT IN THREE PARTS. 

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

YOUR OPINIONS ARE IMPORTANT TO ME.

oh, and, QUESTION OF THE DAY: DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO MAKE MOVIE TRAILERS? I HAVE A NEW LAPTOP, SO I HAVEN'T QUITE FIGURED OUT HOW TO CREATE TRAILERS ON IT. SO, I WAS WONDERING IF ONE OF YOU COULD MAKE ONE FOR ME AND I'LL POST IT ON HERE FOR PEOPLE TO SEE(: I WOULD BE SO GRATEFUL.

ANYWAY, THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR READING.

I LOVE YOU!

-CLARY xx