Toon Time

Note: So after receiving an overwhelming response to the first one shot I wrote, I shall do more! I wrote some today so here they are, guys! I hope y'all like them! ^_^

"So these...cartoons... They're good?" Jack asked as I came to sit beside him, a look of concentration on his face.

I smiled at his child-like curiosity, picking up the remote and turning the TV on. Pushing the button down, I channel-surfed before finally finding a cartoon I liked. Sam and Dean had left me to "babysit" Jack while they went on a case. I was bummed I got left behind but it wasn't all bad. Jack was fun to be around. He was so simple yet so adorable with his questions.

I glanced over at him just as Scooby said "ruh-roh" and his stormy-blue eyes lit up as he laughed out loud. Strands of his dirty, blond hair had fallen in his face and I had to fight back the urge to reach out and brush it back. Turning my attention back to the screen, I saw Shaggy jump into Scooby's arms as a ghost leaped out at them.

I chuckled, "They're so crazy,"

Jack nodded in agreement but I could see he was confused about something.

"So are they like Sam and Dean then? They fight monsters, too?" he asked, eyebrows furrowed.

I shrugged in response, "More or less. Although most of the time they're not real monsters - they're just people pretending to be them to scare people,"

Jack frowned, still trying to understand.

"Why would someone pretend to be a monster? Why would anyone want that?" he pressed me.

"Because...because sometimes people can't handle being themselves...so they change. Sometimes for the better. And sometimes for the worse, Jack," I explained softly, resting a hand on his shoulder.

His stormy-blue eyes gazed into mine then with such intensity, it made me blush. But I didn't look away - I couldn't. It was like his eyes held me in a trance. I didn't know who leaned in first - him or me - but within seconds, our lips were mere inches apart. I could feel his warm breath tickle my skin and I admit...I liked the way it felt. Suddenly, the door to Jack's room flew open and Dean burst inside. 

He was about to speak, a neutral expression on his face when his green orbs landed on the hand I had on Jack's shoulder. And of course, our close proximity.

"What's going on here?" Dean asked us, eyes narrowing as he gestured between myself and Jack.

I removed my hand immediately and the both of us scooted away from each other, our gazes returning to the TV screen.

"Toon time," I replied simply, avoiding the older hunter's gaze.

Jack nodded happily, briefly smiling over at Dean.

"Toon time." he answered cheerfully.

I bit back a smile as Dean let out a low grumble before leaving. Thank goodness for cartoons, I thought to myself with a smirk.