Chapter 10//Home

"There's only one God ma'am, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that."
STEVE ROGERS
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barton is strapped down, Natasha watches over him wondering how she was going to tell him about Alicia. Coming to Clint starts shaking his head hoping to stop the illusion that Loki had put him under.

"Clint, you're going to be alright," Natasha says to her struggling friend in the chair.

"You know that?" Clint question while clenching and unclenching his hands trying to come back to reality. "Is that what you know? I got... I gotta go in though. I've got to flush him out."

Standing up from her chair Natasha walks over to sink in the holding room "We don't have that long, it's going to take time" she reasons while filling a glass up with water.

"I don't understand, have you ever had someone take your brain and play? Pull you out and send something else in? Do you know what it's like to be unmade?"

"You know that I do," Natasha says back to her friend.

Lifting his head up off the chair Clint stares around at the room he's been placed in "Why am I back, how did you get him out?"

Walking away from the sink with the glass of water in her hand she gives it to Clint "Cognitive recalibration" looking at her Clint becomes confused "I hit you really hard in the head" she explains to her confused friend.

Taking a sip of water Clint looks back up at Natasha "Thanks."

"Tasha, how many agents?"

Looking down at him she shakes her head "Don't, don't do that to yourself, Clint, this is Loki. This is monsters and magic and nothing we were ever trained for."

"Loki, he got away?"

"Yeah, I don't suppose you know where?"

"I didn't need to know; I didn't ask," Clint says causing Natasha to stand up and walk towards the door and stare out the window into the hallway "he's gonna make his play soon though, today."

Turning away from the door she looks back at Clint "We gotta stop him."

"Yeah, who's we?"

She shakes her head "I don't know. Whoever's left."

"Well, if I put an arrow in Loki's eye socket, I'd sleep better I suppose," Clint says looking at Natasha

"Now you sound like you," Natasha says making her way back over to Clint, she sits down next to her partner and friend.

"But you don't. You're a spy, not a soldier. Now you want to wade into a war. Why? What did Loki do to you?"

"He didn't, I just..." Natasha pauses.

"Natasha."

Turning her head, she stares at Clint "I've been compromised, I got red in my ledger. I'd like to wipe it out."

Nodding his head, Clint faces Natasha "what about her?" he questions his friend, hoping for an answer that wouldn't upset him.

"She's fine" Natasha answers putting her friend at ease, "but you should know something."

"What?"

"She's on board."

Looking at Natasha, he frowns in confusion "What do you mean she's on board."

Nodding at her friend she reaches her hand out to him "It's better if I show you."

Grabbing onto Natasha's hand Clint is pulled out of the room and is led down the hallway, "Where are we going?" he asks Natasha who was still dragging him down the long hall.