Teardrops on my Guitar

Me: Sorry. This is slightly cliche because I've seen this song used sooooooo much times for contestshipping songfics. Welp, nothin I can do bout that. Enjoy and BFN!
Disclaimer: Taylor Swift owns the song and I don't own Pokémon. If I did contestshipping would be canon.

May: WHAAAAAAAAT DID YOU SAAAAAAAAY?!

Drew: *holds her back* MAY NO.

Me: *runs away* Okay start reading while I run away from Mrs. Grumpy over here. *continues running*
————————————————————————

Drew looks at me

I walked beside my best friend, Andrew Hayden, on the way to the first day of high school.

I fake a smile so he won't see

He was talking about a girl. His crush. Who he was saying was perfect in every way and without flaws. He turned to me smiling. "Wouldn't you agree May?"
I smiled the best I could. "Y-Yeah...sure..."
I wish he would talk about me like that...

That I want and I'm needing every thing that we could be

I have loved Drew since the first grade. And since the first grade, all he could talk about was this mystery girl. I wish I knew who she was...

I bet she's beautiful, that girl he talks about

He describes her as 'as soft as a rose, delicate as porcelain, with as eyes as blue as sapphires, hair as brown as chocolate, and lips and a nose so small.'

And she's got every thing that I have to live without.

I mean, it's obvious. She's got Drew's heart. And that's all I ever wanted.

Drew talks to me

We're walking to the park, and he is still talking about her. "I just wish I could know her feelings for me, you know. I love her, but I don't know if she loves me back. It's hard sometimes." I just walk beside him, nodding, until he asks me: "Do you like anyone May?" That snaps me out of my dazed state. "Huh? Oh. None of your buisness Grasshead!"

I laugh cause its just so funny

"Grasshead?!" Drew looks at me and makes a face and we both fall onto the grass laughing.

That I can't even see anyone when he's with me

When I'm with Drew, everything else fades to gray. The only things I see are him and me.

He says he's so in love, he's finally got it right

When he talks about her, I can hear the love-sickness in his voice. The longing. "She's the one. I know it. If only she knew it too."

I wonder if he knows he's all I think about at night

Once I got home, I went straight to my room and started writing a song about how I felt. It wasn't like anyone was going to hear it anyway. Once I finished writing I grabbed my guitar and started singing.

Cause he's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar

The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star

He's the song in the car I keep singing

Don't know why I do

Drew walks by me

Can he tell that I can't breathe

And there he goes, so perfectly

The kind of flawless I wish I could be