"Oh yeah," Kevin asked as he hooked his finger under my chin and brought my lips to his. "Yeah."

"See this why we don't leave couples in here unattended," one of the pottery instructors joked when they came in. I leaned my forehead on Kevin's and chuckled. I removed myself from Kevin's lap and sat opposite of him. "We were just talking," I teased. "Mmhm. I guess y'all vocal boxes can't be heard across from each other, huh?"

"Man as low as they were talking, I ont think so," Adrian laughed.

We all laughed too. "Mind ya business," Kevin said. As the commotion died down I tended back to my pottery and eyed Kevin over from the distance between us. "I love you," I mouthed. Kevin grinned and winked at me. "I love you too," he mouthed back.
...
Wednesday afternoon

"Aye Alyssa!"

I turned around to see Ron jogging up to me. I took a deep breath and exhaled. "What? Ron? What can I help you with today?" I said dryly.

"Can I talk to you in private?"

"What matter does this concern Ron? Why can't we talk right here?"

"Because this matter concerns the both of us."

"I fail to see how anything connecting to you concerns me."

"If you just come with me I'll fill you in on those details."

I rolled my eyes. "I can't believe I'm about to say this," I mumbled, "make it quick. I don't have all day." He instructed for me to follow him as he started to head a short distance away from campus. "This better not be no dumb shit." Once we were out of sight Ron turned around to face me.

"Okay what is it," I huffed.

Ron took a deep breath. "I love you."

I sucked my teeth. "Nigga are you serious? I have a boyfriend and I'm happy and here you come with the 'I love you and I always have' bullshit. Nigga bye." I turned to walk away, but Ron quickly grabbed me by my wrist.

"Wait. Don't go. Don't you at least want to explore this? Find out if Kevin is really what you want?"

"I am happy. Why don't you get that?"

"Because I can't wrap my head around the idea that the woman I am in love with; my bestfriend, is with someone else!"

"We haven't been best friends in a while and I think you know why. Why you keep pushing for something that isn't there Ron? I'm tired of doing this with you. Move on. I have."

"Because I can't forget that night together like you can. It meant something to me."

"Well it obviously didn't mean much, because the first chance you got you ditched me for some flaky ass bitch who spent y'all whole relationship trying to sabotage anything that I had good in my life and you never stuck up for me once. So forgive me if I don't believe you when you say that you love me. Forgive me when I have finally moved on after waiting for you and realizing that you were never gonna show up. I am with Kevin now and I love him. How many ways do I have to say it? I don't want you. Stop trying to make us happen, because it never will. You had an opportunity years ago and you blew it. This time I don't lose. You do." I turned around and made my way back to campus.

"If you don't take a chance on us I'll---"

I tuned back around to face him. I swiftly walked over to him and got in his face. "You'll what?"

He smirked. "I'll send our sex tape to Kevin and where ever else I choose to." I stepped back from him. "You---you recorded us having sex?" I stood baffled. I shook my head. "No. You're bluffing." He unlocked his phone to reveal, only seconds later, a very intimate video of us.

"How could you do that to me?" Tears were beginning to well in my eyes. "You've really betrayed my trust Ron." I  started to walk away. "You know what. I get that you don't care about my feelings now, but back then we were friends or so I thought and you harbored a video in your phone, and who knows where else, of your "best friend" in the most vulnerable way possible. You're dispicable," I scoffed. Before I turned to leave I had to say one final thing. "You know what? Do what you want with the video. I will not be manipulated by you."

"You have until the end of next week to decide," he shouted out behind me.
...
Five days later.

"Janelle we need to talk. I don't know how long I can sit with this."

Janelle side-eyed me. "Uh. Sit with what bitch?"

I came right out with it and told her. "Ron has a sex video of me and him."

Janelle's mouth hung open. "Bitch what! Is it recent? You gotta give me all the details."

"It's not recent. It's from about a year or so ago. He's threatening to send it to Kevin and whoever else if I don't give him a chance."

"Aaand you're not gonna---"

"Girl hell no. I am not entertaining Ron. I told him to do whatever he wants with it. I'm not giving him any control over me."

"Does Kevin know about the sex tape, about you and Ron? Anything?"

"He knows about me and Ron. I was upfront with Kevin about everything in my past. That's why he doesn't like Ron now, because he knows how he treated me. If he finds out about this he's going to be livid."

"Who's gonna be livid about what," Kevin said from behind us. Janelle and I both jumped. "Got damn nigga! Make some noise next time or something. You scared the shit out of us," Janelle exclaimed. Kevin slightly grinned. "My bad y'all. So what were y'all talking about?" I looked over at Janelle and she looked at me. "Weeell," Janelle started. Kevin took a seat beside me. "What's up?"

I might as well just come out with it I said to myself. "A few days ago Ron told me that he has a sex tape of me and him from a while ago. He's threatening to release it if I don't give "us" a chance. But I'm not worried and I'm not feeding into his bs." Kevin sat silent for a few seconds.

I raised my eyebrow. "Baby? You alright?" Kevin looked up at us. "Uh huh," he said just before hopping up. "I told this nigga to stop fuckin' with you and he still at it. I'm not playing nice any more. I'm sick of this shit. I'm bout to go hunt this nigga down and handle it." Before I could try to talk Kevin out of it he said, "Baby I love you, but please don't try to stop me. I've tried it your way, but he's not getting the message." Kevin gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and headed for the door. "I'll call you."

I looked at Janelle worried. "Don't worry. Kevin knows how to handle himself. He'll be alright. I can't say the same for Ron though," she laughed.
...