Running in the woods

I'm running through the forest. Lungs burning, feet heavy, sweat dripping down. The burn of hot liquid running down my legs, blood. Hot breath lingering on the dripping blood, my lungs are still burning. The smell of the trees, the sound of cracking of twigs and the crunch of old leaves on the forest floor. Finally a dim yellow light in the distance that in the darkness of the forest, it looks like a beacon pulling me towards safety. I sprinted with all I had and coming up to the house that saved my life, even though it looked like one wrong step and it could end it. It was an old house with a gate that locked. I sprinted even more given it all I've got, the heat leaving my legs as I am running to close and lock the gate. I turn to look at my chaser and all I could see was red eyes and a black mist. At that moment I didn't know it at the time but it held my fate in those gorgeous blood red eyes. After what might have only been thirty seconds but to me it was half an hour of staring at each other as the beast started to form a hound, knowing what it was I quickly looked away and continued on.

 I started towards the house and when I got to the front door it opened. Startled and a bit relived I walked in prepared to thank my gracious host, the door closed and when my eyes adjusted to the darkness no one was there. I shivered at the thought that it opened it's self, but I decided to look for the owner of this property. The dim light came from the upstairs and so I should make myself known. I walked the stairs and when I said I should announce my arrival the stairs seem to do that for me. They creaked and cracked as my weight was pressed upon them. I didn't know it then but they were singing my doom. As I got to the top of the stairs I saw the dim yellow light that held warmth to the faint glow. I started towards it being cautions, the floor boards still singing my arrival. An ear splitting howl came from the room that brought me towards the forest once more and then crashing to the ground. I got up and headed towards the doorway finally seeing the face of my host as everything turned from dimly yellow to blazing white. I took a walk and saw myself laying down in the forest, not breathing. I realized at that moment I was away from my own body and I died in the forest, running from the horrors into the light.