Why Am I in Your Car?

Start from the beginning

   "If you actually cared about me you would've said something to Sadie when she put that stupid note in my locker the other day." I defensively remarked. He sighed shaking his head. Then he got up and left.

I was left all alone in my hospital room. He left like my family did, I knew nothing would've come of this. I sighed pulling the blankets over me, falling asleep to escape the madness. I finally get the one thing I want and ruin it by running my mouth.

{the next morning}

I woke up to the bright sun shining in my face. Over to my right a tired Finn sits, starring at his lap next to him are about a dozen pink roses and a teddy bear that's shirt says 'get well soon❤️'. What even?

"Finn? What is all of this?" I ask studying his facial features— the deep brown eyes, the freckles that dance across his face, and his tear stained cheeks. Wait what?

"Have you been crying?" I ask again my eyes burning into him.

   "Oh Mills you're awake, I've been here all night waiting for you to wake up again. I didn't mean to just walk out last night but I felt guilty because you're right; if I did truly care about you I would've said something to Sadie and I didn't. I'm sorry. I got you a get well present, I hope you like pink roses." Finn spoke close to tears, why was he so upset? Mills?

   "Finn you didn't have too, and yes pink roses are my favorite. Thank you. Now come give me a hug before you make me cry." I spoke letting a tear slip from my eye, I opened my arms for a hug and Finn came over hugging me gently.

     I could get used to these hugs... Millie what are you saying? You can't fall for Finn... you're a freak, freaks don't get love and happiness.

    He pulled away gently smiling down at me. He gave my hand a squeeze before he sat down again.

    "So are you ready to go home later?" He asked smiling at me.

   "Yeah... I'm just nervous to go to school, thats all."  I sighed, shaking me head, tears threatened to spill from my eyes and I had no clue why.

    "Hey hey Mills...what's wrong?" Finn said making eye contact with me, when I looked at him I bawled, he stood shocked for a moment before comforting me.

Maybe it's because I'm afraid that everything will go to normal again and Finn won't acknowledge me anymore or because I'm afraid Sadie will keep giving me a problem. I was at a loss for words and couldn't seem to answer him. I felt like I was in a dream; Finn Wolfhard actually cares about me I'm so confused. We've never talked until yesterday and he hasn't acknowledged me once.

"Don't worry Millie school will be fine. I heard that Sadie got suspended for two weeks." Finn smiled at me attempting to make me happy.

    I sighed laying the hospital bed back, I groaned as the bed slowly moved backwards stretching my stitches. There was a knock at the door.

    "Come in!" Finn spoke loudly while looking down at his phone.

    "Good morning Ms.Brown how do you feel?" Dr.Owens smiled down at me.

   "I'm so sore and the bandages are itchy from the dried blood on them." I spoke truthfully making eye contact with him.

"I'll send Nurse Cara in to change your bandages right away." He said paging the nurse.

The doctor walked out and the nurse walked in with a cart that held: a bucket of warm water, a sponge and a towel, and a new role if gauze and a roll of bandage.

"Hey Finn can you help me sit Millie up so I can clean her up?" Cara said motioning to him.

"Yeah of course." He said placing his phone in his pocket. He stood up and walked over to my bed, he hooked his arm with mine and slowly pulled me up. It felt odd having him this close to me...touching my skin and breathing on my neck.

"Ouch!" I cried burying my face into his arm. Once I was sitting up, Cara unbutton the back of my hospital gown and slid it off of me. Thank God I had a sports bra on or Finn would've seen more than he wanted too.

She first cut the bandages off of me and slowly pulled the gauze off the stitches that cover my torso. She dipped the sponge in the water and slowly started wiping around the cuts, it stung so bad that I grabbed Finn's hand and squeezed it for dear life. I let go quickly after realizing what I'd done, he smiled at me and slowly held my hand again.

Cara soon began drying around the stitches and began putting the gauze over them and then wrapping them in the clean white bandage. After she finished she put a new hospital gown on me and brushed my short brown hair back.

"Finn can you help me lay her down now?" She asked him, he nodded and slowly released my hand to help me back down.

"Okay Millie take it easy when you go home later, don't have too much fun you two love bugs." Cara said wheeling the cart out of the room.

"Oh he's/ she's not my —." Finn and I said in unison but Cara shut the door already. We looked at each other awkwardly smiling. Finn then giggled and I cover my beat red face with my hands. Oh boyyy.

{ hey guys! Thank you sm for reading, it means a lot. Constructive criticism is always wanted and please like! I hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving. Byeeee guysssss!!}

.