I need a dose of my Purdy Love!!

Start from the beginning

She really did forget about the person she lost. The kitchen went quiet as the males looked at Hannah watching for anything triggering. “I’m going to go wash the extra dye out…” She said in a far away voice. She slowly went up the stairs again and closed the door.

The guys stood there standing around the island staring off into space. They stood there for a while when Jake turned and left abruptly. Andy flinched as he slammed the door. Jinxx was the one who broke the silence. “We can’t keep going on like this.” Andy nodded and sighed. “Hannah can’t hold on much longer. With the dinner with her mother coming up and stressing about Nikki is taking a toll on her. It taking a toll on everyone.” “Let’s go check on her shall we?” CC asked in a grim voice. The last time they checked on Nikki and Ronnie, well it wasn’t pretty.

They pulled out CC’s laptop and Googled Ronnie Radke. And what they saw was not what they had expected. A mug shot of Ronnie appeared. “Busted for drugs.” CC read the caption. “Anything on Nikki?” asked Jinxx. CC continued to scroll down and they came across a news article from Cincinnati. “Ronnie Radke’s girlfriend busted for cocaine and is caught breaking parole.” CC whispered. They looked at the picture that came with it. It was a girl that looked nothing like the girl they grew to love. Her arms were thin and full of holes. Her face pale and pulled back on her cheekbones. They could tell she lost a lot of weight. They guessed she was wearing some sort of dress but they weren’t 100% sure. It was a bright red piece of cloth that hung across her body in an odd way.  Her butt wasn’t in the dress and her boobs were falling out.

Andy reached out and closed the computer closed, not able to look at it any longer. They had all gotten pale and Andy felt somewhat sick to his stomach. “If Hannah’s asks we tell her. But if she doesn’t, we don’t tell her.” Andy said simply. They all nodded and they heard Hannah’s voice coming down the stairs from the shower. Andy smiled. If he knew her as well as he thinks he does, he knew she was going to be ok.

A few minutes later Hannah came down with her newly dyed purple hair washed and dryed. “Andy!! Come feel how fluffy my hair is!!” Hannah sat on the floor in front of him while he sat on the couch beside Ashley. Hannah grabbed his hand and put it in her hair. “Holy shit!” He exclaimed, running his fingers through. They sat there as Andy played with her hair and Ash watching Andy and Hannah. The envy towards them grew inside of him swelled and he felt lonely. Hannah looked up at him and saw how sad he looked. As the wheels turned in her head a smile stretched across her face.

She stood up and went to the front door. “I’m going to the mall, I need someone to come with me to replace the strings on my guitar!” she yelled. Andy looked at her and she motioned at Ashley. He was looking at the tv but wasn’t processing what was going on. Hannah went to him and explained the plan and he gave her a proud smile. Andy nudged Ash beside him and repeated what Hannah said. “Ash can you help me?” Hannah asked. He looked at her and nodded.

She pecked Andy and they left to head to the music store. They drove silently and Hannah had put a Gun’s and Rose’s CD in the player and rolled down the windows. “My hands a dolphin!” cried out Ashley randomly. Hannah looked over and saw him doing that arm wave thing out the car window. She laughed as she pulled into the parking lot and together they went into store.

Hannah wandered over to the strings while Ash went over to the acoustic guitars. He admired them as they were displayed on the wall. He saw an amp on the floor with a sign that said “Test with me!” A smile appeared on his face as he grabbed one and plugged it in. He played a few chords. It was like he was rediscovering the guitar. He played a B and a C together. He strummed the melody to a My Chemical Romance song. When Ash couldn’t think of what chords to play next whenever he was working on writing a new piece, he would go to Hannah. He would use her softer but firm musical talents.

He played through the intro and was coming up to the first verse and right on cue a voice sang out. “Sing it out. Boy you got to see what tomorrow brings. Sing it out. Girl you got to be what tomorrow needs. For every time they want to count you out. Use your voice every single time you open up your mouth.” Ashley turned and saw a shy girl standing a few feet from him. Her bright red hair covered her pale face. She was about 5’5 and wore a black shirt that said “I can be your Heaven and your Hell.” She had black skinny jeans on and old worn out converse shoes.

He continued to play the song and she continued to sing. Soon they finished and the store applauded. A pink blush settled on her pale cheeks as she ducked her head. Hannah watched from a few feet away as the girl turned away and Ash ran over to her. Hannah could hear bits and pieces of their conversation but she didn’t want to be over bearing. She texted Andy, “Mission complete.”

Hannah waited in the car for Ashley. He was still talking to the girl who sang while he played. By the time he came out Hannah was debating if she should send in a search and rescue team in there after him. He had that dumb puppy look on his face and Hannah raised an eyebrow at him. She drove out of the parking lot and went to a small coffee shop down the street. She dragged him inside and ordered coffee. When they were seated Hannah asked “So what’s her name? Where does she live? Did you get her number?” Ashley laughed at her rapid fire questions. “Julia Jackson. An apartment in the city. It’s in my phone as we speak.” Hannah nodded her head in a proud way. They fist pumped and talked. It was the sister-brother bonding that Hannah always wanted.

Hannah asked more questions like, “So, do you plan on seeing her again?” Ashley thought for a moment and said “I hope so.” Hannah smiled. “Good. You haven’t been you in the last couple days and I want the fun Ashley back. Not this sad Ash. You haven’t tried to prank me in a long time. I’m starting to worry about you bro.” She winked at him. He laughed and narrowed his eyes at her. “I still need to get you back for uploading that video online!” Hannah laughed and nodded her head saying “good luck with that.”

Ashley was about to say something when the world’s most annoying voice spoke behind them. Hannah groaned. “Why hello there Hannah!” Tish.

Hannah turned in her seat and put the fakest smile on her face. “Hello Tish.” “What are you doing here? I thought you were in some ditch somewhere. Your hair looks different. Did you not like that haircut I gave you?” Ash saw that Hannah’s breathing got quicker and she was holding a plastic fork tightly in her hand. He thought it was about time he said something.

“Hey Tish, remember me? Last period music. Anyways before Hannah stabs you in the faced with a fork I want to say something. You need to get your fake face out of here. I’m sick and tired of your problems. You are a bitch. I’m not all that surprised that you still live with your parents. Better yet I’m not all that surprised that you’re failing at everything.” Tish and Hannah raised an eyebrow at him but he stood firm and she looked angry. She stomped her foot and stormed out of the shop.

“Thanks” Hannah said in a small voice. He smiled at her and replied, “It was about time I stood up for my little sis.”

There. There is some Ashley Purdy love that I thought was needed. So next chapter is the whole mother-daughter dinner bonding time and Andy is unwillingly dragged with her. I liked this chapter and it was a good break from focusing on the main idea so hey, I’m spicing things up.