Remembrance:

[[A/N: This sequel will NOT be divided into chapters, nor will it be nearly as long as the first book (which was about 10,000 words or so), it'll probably be about half of that as I feel it's the best way to go about writing the story without really rushing it or having it take weeks and months to write it out.  I Hope you enjoy, please tell me what you think :3  It probably still seems a bit rushed, and I'm sorry for that, and i'm sorry it's not written like the first book.  if you guys notice any mistakes or just plain bad writing, tell me so I can fix it please because something about this makes me feel like it is terribly written so I need help from someone to point out why c: Thank you!]]

My back stood against the wall, facing forward in complete seriousness.  I had long ago lost my throne, instead I was back where I had begun, a simple guard.  No special treatment, no 'Queenly' duties, no...nothing.  Even Marcus, the one who'd always been my brother, treated me as if I had some disgusting disease.  He wouldn't talk to me, about me or even glance my way. 

Punishment.

I was being punished, because I found my mate and wanted to stay with him and his family.  I doubt he remembered me now.. I had forced his mind into forgetting me after all.  Hopefully his family realized what I did and stopped mentioning me around him; it would make it easier for his brain to deal with his sudden amnesia ...

“Terra.”

My eyes took in Aro's overly-calm demeanor quickly and the hand that rested on my upper arm before I answered him.  “Yes, Your Highness?”

“It's been one hundred years, you should stop thinking about him now.  You know that only gets you into trouble.”

“I apologize, it will not happen again.” My red eyes sought out the one person who could save me from getting into 'trouble' but he refused to so much as look at me. 

“You'll still need to be punished...Jane!” Aro called, and immediately the small girl that I had known for nearly two hundred years stalked into the throne room, getting right to business.

To say punishment hurt would be an understatement.  Her gift to bring pain was unlike any others.  Like fire burning into your skin, using a white-hot knife to carve into your bone.  Jane could hurt you more than any other vampire without laying a hand upon your skin.

I deserved this.

Not for falling in love with a 'veggie' vampire, not for coming to love the other Cullens...but for leaving them like I did and for erasing my image from Jasper's mind...

I deserved everything I got.

***

I hate you, he hates you...they all hate you.  So smile pretty and act like you don't give a fuck.

Felix had always had a way with words.  Those words used to be much kinder than they were nowadays, but nonetheless, his advice helped. 

My pain seemed to diminish slightly as long as I was pretending that everything was okay.  I was able to trick myself into thinking that it really and truly was.  In my mind, I'd picture that while staying with the Cullen's, Jasper had found a woman and he lived well in another part of the world where he'd never be dirtied by the Volturi after the whole Bella fiasco again.

Never be hurt.

Inside I smiled, though outwardly my emotionless face didn't change, as I thought of it.  Though my undead heart seemed to ache, I would be happy for his happiness if something like that had happened.  Jasper was an amazing man, he deserved an equally strong and amazing woman.

I wasn't her.

“Terra,” the malicious voice called to me through the door before they barged in.  I grimaced, thinking of a time when Jane and the like would cower at ruining my peace like she had just done.  I tore my eyes away from the disgusting reflection of me in my mirror before standing at complete attention, despite my state of undress.