Later, as her and Richie biked to the general store together, he asked, "Hey, so are you sure you were okay today?"

"Yeah." Ash answered. "I was just tired, I guess."

He glanced at her, and then nodded. "Okay."

"Hey, is your cousin still coming soon?" Ash asked, and Richie looked at her again.

"Mike? Yeah! I don't know when, but it's gonna be soon. I think we're gonna take a trip with them. I don't know who he's bringing, but I can't wait for him to know we're dating."

She shook her head. "Of course you can't, Tozier."

As they reached the general store, he looked at his bike and let out a short bark of laughter.

Ash turned to him. "What?"

He was smiling as he looked at her. "Do you remember this summer when you had forgotten your bike at home? And I said-"

"'Well, I guess that only leaves one option.'" Ash laughed. "And then, when we got to Bev's house and I literally fell off the bike you made a list of-"

"'How you get the girl, a list by Richie Tozier.'" Richie interjected. "'Step one. Take her on a romantical bike ride through the neighborhood and save her from death numerous times while doing so.'"

They were both laughing, and Ash said, "I thought you were insane."

He shrugged lightly. "I know. I was obsessed with you. Just ask the Losers. I'm. . .I'm still obsessed with you and everything you do, Ashley Brenner."

She hesitated, and then leaned in and kissed him. "Come on. Let's go get some cigarettes."

She tugged him into the general store, and Richie followed her into the aisle where they kept the cigarettes, still wondering about her odd behavior from earlier.

He stopped dead as he saw someone else was in the exact same aisle, and as the person looked up, he realized it was Spencer Allen, who saw Richie and smirked.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Richie Tozier." He said, and Richie flinched as Ash said, "Spencer! What are you doing here!?"

He raised his eyebrows. "Cigarettes."

He held up the package, and Richie's mouth dropped open slightly as he realized it was both of their favorite brand.

Ash's mouth fell open too. "You like this kind?"

Spencer said, "Yeah, it's my favorite." He nodded to Richie. "Wanna smoke some with me some time?"

Richie once again saw that look in his eyes, and snapped, "Yeah, I'm sure we can send you a lovely picture of my ass while we're at it because that's how far your head is up it."

Ash shoved him. "Richie!"

But Richie didn't back down, glaring at Spencer, who held the cigarettes in his hand, a teasing and malicious glint in his gaze.

"Well, it seems as though I'm not wanted here." Spencer said, looking at Ash, who opened her mouth to speak when Richie cut across her.

"Yeah. You're not." He said sharply, and Spencer's eyes snapped to his.

"Watch it, Tozier."

"Yeah, that'll be the day." Richie growled, and Spencer stared at him for a couple more seconds before saying, "See you, Ashley."

He turned and disappeared around the corner of the aisle, Richie still glaring at the spot where he had been standing.

Ash spun to face him. "What the hell was that!? He was just getting cigarettes!"

Richie slowly shook his head. "He was trying to get to you."

"What!?" Ash said incredulously. "What the fuck are you talking about!?"

Richie was still staring at the spot that he had left, and said, "He smokes Camels. I saw him."

"So!?" Ash exclaimed. "Richie, you're going to have to show me a lot more than cigarette brands to get me to turn against him. He's a really nice guy, I swear to you, and if you really care about me you'll try to get along with him!"

"That's exactly it." Richie said, finally tearing his gaze away from the spot and meeting her eyes. "Of course I care about you. I care about you so fucking much."

Eddie's warnings about Spencer were ringing over and over in Richie's head, and as much as he wanted, he couldn't tell her about them.

"Then at least try." Ash said. "Please, Richie. There's a different side of him than what you're seeing."

Richie was silent for a few seconds before relenting. "Fine. I'll try to get along with him."

But as they got their cigarettes and walked up the register, Richie wondered what Spencer Allen did to make Ash so distant from him earlier, and it made him insanely worried that he would go to as much trouble as cigarette kinds to make sure Ash wasn't worried about him in the slightest.

omg, another new update!? what!? well i'm sick today so i decided why not? what did you guys think of this chapter? vote and comment!!