"Babe, I love it. I love seeing the life leave people's eyes. When you yell at me like this, it makes me feel so good." He steps into the light, not even squinting at the instensity and licks his lips.

"Don't ever call me that again. I'm going to make sure you die or whatever the hell happens to demons." I get back in the car, putting it in drive, and step on the gas, rage filling me. I hear the sound of Harry's body being crushed under the tires, and I smile.

I sigh, trying to control everything I'm feeling. Just as I'm about to put the car in reverse to run him over again, Harry opens the passenger side door and sits inside.

"Feeling pretty good right now, huh?" He asks, running a hand through his hair to tame it.

"How are you okay?" I look over his body, but there's not a single scratch.

"I just killed that clerk. I'm pretty strong right now. Answer the question." He forcefully grabs my chin, forcing my attention on his face.

"Yes, that felt good. I felt so angry." I mutter, not wanting to share my feelings with a demon. 

"You can feel that all the time." He inches his face closer to mine.

"I don't want to be angry all the time." 

"That's not what I meant!" His face twists into anger before he slams my head against the steering wheel. I cry out in pain, wondering just how much my skull can take in one night.

"Of course I want to feel good. I'm sick of feeling like shit." I answer correctly this time.

"Let me drive." He commands, and before I can argue, he appears at my door and throws me onto the wet cement. 

"You didn't even let me respond!" I shout, rubbing my hands on my jeans. I try to ingore the fact that every bone in my body is throbbing as I walk to the passenger side.

"You would've tried to argue with me. We can't have that." He puts the car in drive, "You may want to buckle up." 

After an eye roll from me and a slap from Harry, I lay my head back on the seat. It doesn't matter how badly I want to escape. Everything in my body is crying for medicine, and my eyes can hardly stay open. If I managed to escape, I'd be the easiest thing to catch in history.

The sunlight beats against my eyes, forcing me to open them, and I see Harry in a chair across from me in a room I don't recognize. I shoot up, my eyes soaking in every detail. We're in someone's living room, me on the couch and Harry in a chair.

"Good morning, Tabitha." He says slowly and much less demanding than last night. Last night. Everything comes back to me. Hailee is dead.

"What did the cops do to Hailee?" I bluntly ask. The way her name feels in my mouth, now that she's dead, is wrong. 

"What do you think? Took her to the morgue or something. I didn't really keep up with it." He shrugs and leans back in the leather chair.

"Why did you do that last night?" I have no emotion in my voice.

"We couldn't have a soul eater on the loose could we?" He purses his lips as if I was the one who created this whole ordeal.

"You knew I was going to kill her?" I contnue our exchange of questions.

"Well, I knew one of you was going to die. I figured it would be her, though. I offered my assistance to you. I also know that you're a very clever girl who will do anything she has to." He shrugs once again, "Plus, that scream of yours really confirmed it."

"Stop talking like I have any idea what the hell you're talking about." I snap, resting my head in my hands then wincing at the pain in my cheek.

"You still don't know." 

"No, I know. I just thought it'd be fun to pretend that I don't." I roll my eyes. It feels good to let my anger come out even if it's just in a sarcastic comment.

"Tabitha, my dear, you're a banshee." He rests his elbows on his knees like he did last night....on Hailee's bed.

"Stop making shit up." 

"I'm not. You're a messenger from the under world. Looks like we come from the same place, huh?" He smiles, and his eyes turn black for a mere second before going green again.

"I am not from hell." I argue. I'm not. I was born from my mother, not a hell hole.

"I never said you're from hell." He lets out a long sigh like I'm an annoying child he has to babysit, "You obviously don't read. You wail when someone is going to die. That's how you're a messenger from hell. So, last night when you let out that beautiful wail of yours, I knew that Hailee was going to die."

"How do you know that I'm a...banshee?" I stumble over the word.

"Are you really questioning me?" He cockily asks, lifting his eyebrows. I stand from the mysterious couch and leave the room. 

Oh god. We're in Duke's house. Real classy, Harry. I must have slept in a game room or something, for we're upstairs. I wander into the bedroom that I found Hailee in the morning after I met Duke and lay on the bed.

I'm so sick of all this supernatural shit. I'm tired of people dying. I want my life to be normal for once. I don't want to be a banshee. I roll onto my stomach, burying my head into a pillow and scream until my lungs are empty.

"There's no reason to be upset. You're pretty normal. I mean, except for the wailing when someone is going to die, but that's nothing compared to what Hailee was." Harry says behind me, and when I roll over, I find him leaning against the doorframe.

"Don't ever mention her name." I spit, forcing back the tears that want to overflow.

"Fine, fine. Listen, we should work together." He lifts himself from the door and sits next to me on the bed, causing me to scoot away from him.

"I don't want to be anywhere near you." I say with a clear attitude.

"Listen, sweetheart, you need me. You don't know how to control yourself or what is even going to happen with you. Besides that, you said you felt good last night. Being with me, you could feel that way all the time." He pushes me against the headboard, holding me down with his weight, "We need each other, and frankly, you don't have much of a choice." 

He slides his hand down my arm, barely touching my skin, until he rests his hand over the ring on my middle finger. Maybe it's the way he sends chills down my spine, or how desperate I am, and I know I have no other choice, or maybe it's the way the light dances in his eyes like this is his only passion, but something makes me nod my head.

"Sit amet incipiunt." He says in a low voice, a grin overtaking his face.

~~~~

whats up kids jk ur not kids well i mean u might be idk

anyways i finished my ap tests thank god and this week i finish high school its so crazy but yeah so idk where im going with this just thought you'd care

so alot of you liked tarry then a lot like habitha so idk you can say either name haha i dont ship them so im not choosing one 

i feel like nothing happened in this chapter but dont worry shit is about to get cray so get ready and this chapter is dedicated to @stylesbirdie cause i feel like shes been commenting for a while now 

GUYS FREAKING COMMENT OK IT MAKES ME SAD WHEN YOU DONT I NEED FRIENDS OK?!?! PLUS U COULD GET A DEDICATION also vote to make me happy :) :) love u wonderful horny cupcakes