Chapter Six: First Basketball Game

Începe de la început

"You promised us!"

The boys all continued yelling at Jessica who places her hands on her temples and rubs it as the yelling got louder. Lowering her hands down. She snaps her head up. "Boys!"

Mike, Lucas, Will and Dustin stops shouting at her as they stare up at her as she stares down at them. She releases a deep breath. "I am truly sorry to cancel our D&D campaign tonight. I have plans with Nancy." 

Dustin scoffs. "No, you don't." Jessica nods her head. "Yes, I do. We're going to our school's basketball game tonight." The boys raise their eyebrows at her as they wondered why she was going to a sporting event since she despised sports. 

"You hate sports," Lucas states.

Jessica gasps. "I don't hate sports. I love them," she tells them placing her hands on her hips. "No, you don't," the boys say in unison. Jessica raises a hand. "Okay, don't ever do that again. That was creepy how you all said that." 

"Are you and Nancy really going to the game tonight?" Mike asks her. Jessica nods as the doorbell rings. "Yes, in fact that's her," she tells Mike walking towards the front door. She opens it up and lets Nancy in. The boys follow her and see Mike's sister standing there.

Jessica grabs her jean jacket and places it on. "Look boys," she begins as she pulls her jacket closer to her body. "I'll make it up to you. How about we play tomorrow?" 

"We already have a different campaign for tomorrow," Dustin tells her. Mike nods. "Yeah, and it's going to be five hours long." Jessica and Nancy's eyes widen. "Five?!" Nancy says in shock. 

The boys nod their heads. Jessica sighs. "All right, I'm in," she tells them making them let out a cheer as they high fived each other. She takes a step toward Dustin. "Be good tonight. Mom will be home in about an hour," she then digs into the pockets of her jeans and pulls out a crisp five-dollar bill. "Here's the money for pizza. Call them in a half hour and Mom will pick up the pizza on her way home from work." 

Dustin nods as he takes the money from her. "Thank you," he tells her. She smiles down at him and ruffles his hair. "Anytime bud. Have fun and tell me everything that happens in tonight's campaign when I get home," she tells him heading towards the door with Nancy.

"Bye boys!" she yells out before closing the door behind her.

Dustin turns around smiling at the boys but drops it when he notices how Mike, Lucas and Will were looking at him. "What?" he asks them.

"Dude, your sister has a date tonight." Lucas states as Mike and Will nods. "What? N-no she doesn't. She said she was going to the game with Nancy," he tells them walking past them and sitting down at the table where the game was set up. The boys join him at the table.

"Okay yes Nancy might be there with her, but we know that sometime during the game, she's meeting up with a boy," Lucas tells him.

Dustin shakes his head. "Guys, if my sister had a date tonight, she would have told me. We tell each other everything." "Really? You tell each other everything?" Mike asks in disbelief. Dustin nods. "Yes. I know everything about her just how she knows everything about me." 

Mike shudders. "I can't imagine Nancy knowing everything about me." "It's not so bad knowing everything about your siblings. When I was first diagnosed with Cleidocranial Dysplasia, she spent the entire night researching about it, she knows my likes and dislikes and I know about hers as well. I even know when she's on her period-" 

"Ew! Gross!" Mike, Lucas and Will shouts as they wave their hands at Dustin to stop talking. "What? Periods are just as natural as sweating-" 

"Shut up!"