Well, at least he can keep his job.

Atif's POV

She wasn't getting a divorce. No way, was I going to let that happen.

I called Nandika to find out that she called ealrier, which answered how Shyama knew.

"I was mad last night. It meant nothing to me. I made a huge mistake but you cheated on me and hurt me so consider it equal," I said and hung up.

I knew that I started like Shyama which is why I didn't reply when she asked if I liked her.

I never felt this way towards a girl. I was falling in love with her & that scared me.

She came downstairs running.

"Turn the TV on," she said.

I did as told & she sat by me.

I turned the fireplace on for her.

Mithul was on TV & it was some sort of fancy ceremony.

"You know I find it fitting the postion went to someone who is here now and has been working hard," he said.

What postion? What working hard?

"Of course I need to thank the person who helped me out and was always there for me," he said.

Me!

"My wife," he said.

Oh hell no!

"So there we have it. Congratulations on your promotion as the new CEO," the reporter was saying but I turned it off.

This is what I get for working twice as hard while he was off?

"I'm so sorry," Shyama said. "If I didn't get sick you wouldn't have to take this week off."

"No. Don't blame yourself because he has more time off than me & I'm going to figure out why this happen," I said.

I got up really mad but she followed and got me to relax.

"Please don't do anything stupid. I don't want to loose you," she said. "Please don't go.''

She hugged me & I returned it. I kissed her head.

"I need to figure this out," I said

"Then promise me that you will come back," she said.

"I'm going to because I have a lot of sh*t to fix," I said.

She laughed at that.

"Get some rest,'' I said and she nodded.

I decided to go back & I suprised her with a kiss. She deserves to know that I have feelings for her.

 She deserves to know that I have feelings for her

She turned around suprised.

"I told you I need to fix my life. Just so you know Nandika means nothing to me," I said and left.

I got to the building & went straight to the office.

As soon as I saw him, I got so mad that I started to beat him up.

"Get away from him!" Anika yelled & tried to break up the fight but that didn't work and she called my dad in

"Atif!" He yelled at me. "Quit it!"

Mithul was bleeding really bad but I wasn't done.

I kept throwing punches & Anika tried to break it up again and I accidentally hit her.

Well, she was being rude to my wife so she deserves it.

"You son of a b*tch," Mithul said but I knew how to block his punches.

"Stop now!" Dad yelled at us and I relaxed but just a little bit.

"Why did he get the promotion?" I asked dad.

Dad told me that it would be favoritism if I got it.

"I worked twice as hard while he was off," I said.

"I know," Dad said.

"I quit! I don't want to work for you anymore,"I said. "And as of now I don't consider you my father."

I turned to Anika.

"I hope you die with all the illness you have," I said and left.

I got home to find Rohan & his wife watching a movie & they said Shyama is taking a nap after having her medicine.

"Alright. Thanks for letting me know," I said and left.

It was about 2 hours later that she woke up and I told her everything.

"I doubt favoritism is the answer because why would he act the way he did & keep threatening to take the promotion away if you didn't marry me. Something's up husband and we have to figure it out," she said.

"Not we. I don't want you do anything," I said.

"It's obvious you like me so now we are in this together," she said.

"Okay, but if anything happens to you then?" I asked.

"Nothing's gonna happen. I just need you to trust me," she said.

I smiled at her.

"I trust you," I said.