Hey is this good

I didn't get very far because I wrote this after finishing my Botany presentation in class today so it's only 390 words but

Chapter One
Briar

The alarms rang in my ears as I sped down the cobblestone street, my boots hitting the ground with a loud clunk. Stupid armor. I should've left it behind. They'd find me easily- I was weak, unused to heavy armor after five months of going without it.

But I couldn't let that thought slow me down. I had planned this escape since the very beginning. Getting out of there was my goal, and I'd finally reached it.

Dim torchlight lit my path. Exestow was a dark city, even during the day. Surprisingly, dragons inhabited it and not vampires. If I timed it right, I could make my escape through Mintmore, then flee into the woods.

Three days. Three days of alarms, three days to find my way back to Cherryagar. That was, even if camp hadn't moved again.

I ducked into a dark alley, just in time to watch the armored guards run past. So close. If I had lingered in the street one second longer... I shook my head. Focus, Briar.

Staying in the dragon kingdom for too long was not a good idea, especially since most of the locals would turn me in for a single crust of bread. And I especially didn't want the Imperial family to catch me. Aurora Blackwell would want nothing else than to see me locked up for the next few centuries

Or even worse, she'd hand me over to her daughter-in-law. Amira Blackwell was brutal, calculating. I would be sent home in a box after she was finished with me.

Once I was certain that the guards were gone, I took off down another street. Nightfall would only last a few more hours, and I had a long trip ahead of me.

If I could just find Dante, I could stay in his house for a bit. Two years ago, Dante Driscoll had been discharged from the battlefield. He'd broken his collarbone and both legs fighting.

Last I'd heard, he'd bought a house under the cliffs and was the picture of perfect health. We'd been close friends, so there was a good chance he'd stick with my side of things.

---------------------------------------

I reached the cliffs at dawn, sluggish and unsure of whether my plan would work. Dante's house was easy to find, the only one on the beach.