Lion In My Tummy

It was a rainy Spring day and little Zaria was at home with her mom

It was a rainy Spring day and little Zaria was at home with her mom. Her big brothers had gone to school. It wasn't time for her to go to school this year yet. She could not go outside and play. She had eaten breakfast, and now she didn't know what to do!

"It's raining outside Mommy, what can I do?", asked Zaria.

Mommy said, "Well you can play with your toys in your room. You can read some of your books. You have crayons so that you can draw too!"

Zaria had lots of toys in her room. She had baby dolls, blocks, teddy bears, hula hoops, and costumes. Most of her toys would end up everywhere!

Today she decided she would create a stage for her dollies and teddy bears. They would be dress up models today. So she began to dress them. A little while later she heard a grumbling. She stood still, but she didn't hear it anymore. It sounded sort of like a baby lion. It wasn't LOUD, but it was almost QUIET. She continued to play. Her bear Puff Ball was dressed in a very pretty fluffy pink dress.

Next up was Sassy Sister Doll. She paraded in front of everyone with her cool black jacket and matching pants. She wore a cute red tee with a glitter star on it. Then came another "grrr...grumble!" Zaria stopped to listen again. "Grrr..." It was coming from her tummy!

"There's a lion in my tummy!", said Zaria.

She went to the mirror, but she didn't see a lion. She saw curly black hair. She saw big round eyes. She saw a small nose and round cheeks.

"Maybe I'm turning into a baby lion," she said to herself. She turned to the side as she looked in the mirror, but she didn't see a tail. Or maybe I'm not she thought.

She went into the kitchen where her mommy was.

"Mommy did you hear a little lion growling?" asked Zaria.

Mom said, "No. I have not heard any lion sweet heart. I do not have the television on either."

Zaria looked out of the window into the backyard. No lion. She looked in the closet of her parent's room and under the bed.  She saw no lion.

She looked in her brother's room. There was stuff everywhere. "This is a jungle!" Zaria cried out. "The lion has got to be in here!" After searching and searching, little Zaria still couldn't find the lion.

So she went back to her room. She forgot all about the fashion show! She still had two more dollies to strut their outfits on stage. Katalina Kitty had on a beautiful purple gown with cute little glitter shoes. Last was Penelope Penguin. She wore the most poofy yellow hat there ever was!

The fashion show was over and Zaria began to clean up her mess. She placed all the outfits in their proper place. She put all her dollies away where they belong. Then it happened! "Grrr..." This time her tummy began to wiggle "Grrrr..."

Zaria raced to the kitchen. "Mommy,mommy!" she cried. "I found him. I found the baby lion. Listen he's in my tummy! He goes "Grrr.."

Then it happened again. The sound came straight from her tummy. Zaria's eyes grew wider as she looked at her tummy and back up at her mommy.

Mommy gently laughed and said, "I see. Well sounds like he's hungry and we should feed him. What do you think he would like to eat?"

Zaria replied, " I believe he would like a grill cheese sandwich, and some apples, and a cold glass of chocolate milk!"

"Okay, I think he would really like that. Maybe you will too!" said Mommy. Mommy knew Zaria was only hungry and it was lunch time.

Zaria ate the grilled cheese sandwich and apples. She also drank the chocolate milk. To her surprise she was very hungry! After eating her lunch Zaria's tummy didn't growl anymore...UNTIL DINNER!!!!