Chapter 20: Always and Forever

Start from the beginning

"Fine." Hayley uttered, her voice shaky as she forced herself to her feet. "I'm fine," she added, sounding a little bit more in control. "You didn't find anything?" She watched Kol who shook his head. She suspected that he wouldn't but since he was a criminal—or he used to be one—he might be able to find something she wouldn't.

Elijah walked into the room with a frown. "Were you planning a trip?" he asked Hayley.

Hayley's eyebrows rose. "No. Why?"

"How much of Hope's things did you leave behind?" Elijah asked her.

"Not much. Maybe some books. A couple of pieces of clothing. Things that she didn't have to have with her. Maybe a couple of toys..." Hayley trailed off as Elijah frowned.

"Why, Elijah?" Hayley demanded, feeling the pit in her stomach widening.

Elijah looked at Kol and then at Hayley. "Because there's nothing in her room now."

"What? Hayley pushed past Elijah and into her daughter's old room. "No," she gasped, walking to the dresser and jerking drawers open. The two pairs of jeans and a couple of t-shirts were gone. No socks. No underwear. Her little stuffed elephant that she carried with her—everywhere, the year before—was gone. Her books were gone. It's like her daughter never existed.

"Where is everything?" Hayley cried, sinking to her knees, her fingers moving into her hair.

"We will find her, Hayley," Elijah said and she felt his arms close around her. She turned around, burying her face into his shirt and sobbing.

Kol peered into the room before stepping back out. "I'm going to make a phone call," he called from out of the living room.

"Who took my baby?" Hayley moaned against Elijah's neck.

"I do not know. But I will make them pay," Elijah promised her, pulling back and meeting her eyes.

Hayley nodded. She forced herself to calm down, again. Elijah pulled her to her feet and they left the room. Kol ended his call at the same time that they entered the living room. "Nothing from my source," he told them.

Gritting her teeth, Hayley walked to the door. "I can't stand here for another second."

Elijah followed her out, his hand on her arm and Kol followed them. They headed down the stairs when Elijah suddenly paused. "What?" Kol cried when Elijah placed his finger to his lips and Hayley's lips pursed as she watched Elijah's head turn downward. She looked down, trying to figure out what Elijah was doing.

"Eva, baby, please..." Vincent's voice came from the first floor. Hayley caught sight of him. He paced back and forth, his head down and his free hand waving through the air while he spoke. "Eva, no, no, no. Baby, come on... Please. You need to bring her back. No. No! Do not hang up on me! Eva, please. I'm begging you. She's not... Eva? Eva? Eva..." Vincent held his phone away from his face and then he groaned. "Damnit!" he cried, his face contorting while he pressed his hands to his face.

Elijah moved so quickly that Hayley did not have time to react before he grabbed Vincent; hauling him out the front door. Kol ran past Hayley and onto the street. Hayley's body unfroze and she ran after them. She saw Kol running. Taking off after him, she saw Kol headed in the direction of where Elijah parked the car.

When Hayley caught up to the Mikaelson men, she found that Elijah had Vincent in the backseat while Kol sat in the front. "Drive," Elijah ordered Kol. Hayley turned around to face Elijah and Vincent. "Where isshe?" Elijah demanded, his eyes were sparkling with violence and Hayley watched them closely. She liked Vincent. He seemed like a nice guy but if he had anything to do with her daughter's disappearance; she might be the last face he ever saw.