Chapter 4: The Engagement Party

Start from the beginning

Forcing her feet to move toward Rebekah, she smiled widely. "Sure. Let's ditch this place. I've had more fun knitting with my grandmother." In truth Hayley had never met her grandmother but Rebekah did not need to know that. Maybe she could use this as an opportunity to learn more about the family. Or she could just come clean and tell Rebekah everything and Rebekah could advise her where to go from there. Probably not.

Walking to the front door, Hayley noticed the parking lot was full. She was happy that she had walked to the Grill rather than driven because there was no way that she would be able to find her car. "Where is my car?" Rebekah yelled, looking from one side of the parking lot to the other. Her eyes narrowed as she moved between the vehicles. "Bloody hell," she groaned. "I knew I should not have allowed Marcel to drive. Damn him."

Hayley let out a laugh. She didn't mean to but she couldn't help it. Rebekah was so drunk Hayley was shocked that she knew her own name as she tottered around on her five inch heels. "Are you sure that it wasn't parked closer to the door?"

"No, we were late thanks to Nik not bloody well giving us the right directions. He's a real arse when he sets his mind to it. Sometimes it can be a tie between him and Kol over who can be the bigger arse." Rebekah was saying as she began to examine license plates and she blinked as if she was in the middle of a dense fog. "Wanker," she snarled. "I bet Nik took the keys from Marcel and drove it somewhere. That would be just like him. But the joke is on him because his bride gave me his keys and I know where his car is."

Grinning genuinely for the first time since Hayley had met her, Rebekah strode over to a large, black SUV. "This would be the Dodgy Wanker mobile," she said. Jamming the key into the driver's door, Rebekah nearly fell down trying to get into the car. Hayley had to help her in and then thought better of it.

"Hey, Rebekah. I know that we just met but I think you're wasted, so if you don't mind letting me drive..." Hayley's words trailed off as Rebekah's fingers curled over the keys as her lower lip came out and Hayley was reminded of Hope. At that moment Hayley felt her heart melt as she looked at the snobbish, young woman who might have been nineteen at the most.

"'Kay," Rebekah said, taking her fist, she placed it over Hayley's hand dropping the jangly objects into the other woman's hand. "Just don't crash it. Nik will kill me. Quite literally." Climbing into the back, she laid on her back across the seat with her arm over her eyes. "I think that we should go to the Salvatore Boarding House. That is where everyone who is part of the wedding party is staying and I have heard that Damon has quite the liquor cabinet."

Hayley smiled. When was the last time she had allowed herself to drink more than half a glass of champagne? It must have been before she had Hope. Well, this seemed like a good occasion to break that rule. Come to think of it the last time she was drunk she had been in the company of a Mikaelson and on the bright side she did not have to worry about becoming pregnant this time around. "Why not? Sounds like a party."

"Yes. A party. I want to trash Damon's room," Rebekah said as she stared at the hood of the car.

"Why?" Hayley asked, she didn't care but she just wanted to make the time go faster.

"Because I made the mistake of sleeping with the jackass once before he married Princess Elena. This was shortly after Nik met "the love of his life." He felt the need to introduce all of us to all of her little friends. The day after I slept with Damon he threw me out like I was some kind of tramp who came on to him. Everyone knows that before he married Elena he was a whore. So, was Nik. Now, he's "reformed" I just can't wait to see how long it takes before he cheats on Caroline like Mother cheated on Father. You know Nik had a new girl in college... what was it... every night, I think. Maybe more often. He didn't have a little black book, he had a phone book. His list was longer than the bloody yellow pages for God's sake." Rebekah was still talking when Hayley tuned her out.

I'll be There for YouOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara