"Oh.. I am doing assignments Sir."

Sir..?

How could she still call him that.?

He went near her and sat beside her.

"Why didn't you tell me Khushi?"

"Sir.?"

"Why didn't you inform me about Buaji?"

"I know you were very busy with your work. Also I know you didn't even speak with Buaji after our marriage sir. And I don't want to disturb you.."

"But Khushi.. Still, I am sorry."

Arnav said not stuttering the apology because he really felt sorry.

She offered him a sad smile and fidgeted with the pendant in her neck.

God..! How he hated that damn thing.

He had seen her wearing that pendant,

When she wears salwar,

When she wears saree,

When she wears night dress,

Heck! She even forgot the mangalsutra once but not the pendant in her neck.

He heard her speaking to Di about someone called 'Protector' (who would call anyone that.?) gave her that pendant.

He heard often times while *cough* eavesdropping *cough* her talks with Di and Nani about this protector person.

This protector must be some sort of parental figure to her that's why he always kept his calm but still this pendant somehow bothered him.

Now was not the time to get into thoughts like this.

He nodded at her and said,

"I am sorry Khushi for that kiss too and leaving you so suddenly like that.."

"It really is ok sir.. I know this is contract marriage and I don't want to trouble you with anything."

Arnav balled his fingers and got up abruptly muttering a quick see you and went to his room.

Why did she bring that?

Doesn't she have any feelings towards him?

Does she still think of their relationship only as a contract?

-----------------------

It's been three days and Arnav just had enough of this.

It's so obvious, she was avoiding him.

After he specifically told her to take some days leave, she had went to college saying she's fine.

Arnav couldn't understand her at all.

Her only relative died and she seemed so normal. And to top it all whenever she's home, she spends time with Di or locks herself in restroom.

Why does she bath this frequently.?

The shower sound was irritating the hell out of him.

He should have put soundproof glasses.

Spending two hours in shower..?

Something was not right.

She always make excuses when he tried to speak with her or start a conversation.

Was she still angry with him for leaving her like this.?

He closed the laptop screen and knocked the door because today too it's almost an hour after she went to shower, it's almost dinner time. To his surprise the door was not locked. How careless!