6 : Electric Dreams

Start from the beginning

"I think I already did, remember?" Prue said, laying Selena up against the car before helping Jonathan heave Ronnie's sleepy limbs into the backseat. "Just take them to the first house on Maple Street. Knock on the back door and Ronnie's older brother will help get the girls in." Jonathan nodded along with the directions. "Thanks so much for this, Jonathan."

"What about you?" he asked while the two guided Selena into the car next. Selena was much easier to get into the car, but she kept reaching out to pet their faces and arms which made Jonathan a little uncomfortable.

Prue huffed out some air from her cheeks. "I'll probably just walk home." Jonathan's eyes turned fearful and she thought he was about to say how unsafe that could be but another voice sounded on the chilly air; a voice completely different from Jonathan's gentle and soft voice.

"I can give you a ride." The voice sent hot shivers down Prue's spine. Both Prue and Jonathan turned, eyes landing on Billy Hargrove taking a drag from his lit cigarette, the end glowing in the darkness.

"She'd love to ride you!" Selena snorted from inside the car before erupting with drunken giggles, all the while Prue's cheeks burned with the fires of hell.

"That's enough from the embarrassingly drunk girl," Prue decided, closing the car door in Selena's face, who pouted through the window. "You should get them all home so they can sleep it off," she directed towards Jonathan, who nodded again with eyes still trained on Billy Hargrove through swirls of smoke before making his way to the driver's seat. Prue watched Jonathan Byers drive off with a carload of drunk teenage girls. She hitched up Selena's purse on her shoulder as the wind rushed around her, causing her gown to flap against her legs in a flurry.

"So, what about that ride?" Billy was suddenly by her side, smelling of nicotine and something spicy. His dangling silver earring was shining in the moonlight. Prue didn't turn to face him, partly because she was still annoyed with him for ditching on their study session and partly because she was afraid she'll be distracted by the section of tanned skin left exposed by his leather jacket.

"I'd rather walk," she insisted, crossing her arms over her chest rather stubbornly.

He shrugged his strong shoulders. "Whatever." He flicked his still burning cigarette to the ground before swaggering away. Prue couldn't help but watch his progress to his navy Camaro parked on the side of the road. His pants clung to the shape of his backside and thick thighs. He had the most unsettling sex appeal. She averted her eyes quickly and almost shamefully, tightening her crossed arms against the dry coldness. The shadows of the night were pressing against her heavily and she dreaded the thought of having to walk home.

"Wait!" she bellowed impulsively, knowing she'll most likely regret this. "A ride would be nice, but only if you drive at a reasonable speed."

Billy half-turned, smirking devilishly at her. "I can't promise that, baby." The smirk swirled her stomach and made her heart pulse a little faster. She gave an unsure moan before hurrying to catch up with Billy, already at his car.

"I better get home in one piece, because I'm not dying on freaking Halloween," she demanded, pulling open the passenger door and sliding in. She dropped Selena's purse to the footwell and buckled herself in, double checking the seatbelt just to be on the safe side. Billy's Camaro roared to life and he revved the engine a few times before easing off the brakes and putting the pedal to the metal. She informed Billy that she lived on Kerley and tried to relax into the soft material of the seat, but couldn't. She felt like her senses were in overdrive as she was highly aware of Billy's body sitting beside her. She swallowed as her eyes drifted to one of his hands resting casually on his thigh, the other tapping away to the beat of the rock music on the steering wheel. She silently scolded herself and forced herself to look out the window to watch the darkened world flash by her. The air between them felt thick and alive and Prue was about to explode from all the awkward and steamy tension when Billy spoke over the loud music.