Khushi laid awake for six hours there still caressing him, occasionally as she couldn't sleep with how tight he hugged her and where all his hands wandered in sleep, keeping her awake even if she got sleepy.

Once, she even got up to leave but she was pulled down by a strong hand even in sleep.

After some time, he woke up and looked at her laying in his arms thinking about something.

He was well rested and he's really scared of how things were going to be  between them..

Once, he had let a girl in his life and things went down. She ruined his starting of business almost robing him of everything he had.

He learned a life lesson that day.

Is Khushi the same as her..?

Is she different..?

Why was she affecting him this much..?

He shook her, letting her know he was awake. He saw her blush, retrieving her hands.

He sat up straight and told her,

“It means nothing. I was just restless these days as I got used to sleeping beside someone. I won't sleep well when surrounding changes."

He gave her a lame excuse, but still harsh enough to let her know she had no control over him.

She whispered, “I know Sir"

Hearing the tone, he looked at her only to find her head lowered and fingers fidgeting.

“I am going to work. "

Even if its midnight, he had work pending for the last three days. After all he felt rested and relaxed.

She didn't look up, but nodded and said,

“Ok sir."

He shrugged and went to freshen up leaving behind a broken hearted girl.

Khushi wanted to berate herself for hoping.

Hasn't she promised herself to never hope.?

Never imagine or assume anything. He himself said not to assume anything.

She thought and hoped that he must have become used to her presence and that's why he wanted her to sleep beside him.

She felt more depressed than she had ever felt.

It meant nothing..

He said, it meant nothing..

I am nothing to him..

How can she be anything to him..?

I am nothing..

I am unlovable..

I don't deserve a moment of kindness.

Then how come she hoped that she had become someone who had a part in his life. She had believed something changed between them.

Oh how wrong was she..

He must be disgusted to pull her in his arms sleeping..

He must never know how much safe and happy she felt in his arms.

The thought of her husband no matter how temporary he was but still her husband, hating her more, felt like knives piercing her heart.

She got up as usual, ignoring the deep hurt and ache in her heart.

What else she can do..?

She felt like a used toy..

She went to the study room and slept on the couch.