Two

We arrive at a mall. I look around at all the happy people, and frown. "Hey, cheer up a littler, okay." My mom says with a small smile. I smile slightly and nod. "I'll try." I say.

We both get out of the car and start towards the mall. "Where to firs-" Mother starts. "Hot Topic." I say as I cut off her words. She smiles, "Okay." She says. We walk over and into the store. I immediately go over to the band merch and get a My Chemical Romance shirt and a Black Parade CD. I look around a little more and get a Steel Panther, my favorite band, shirt. "Looks like I'm done." I say to my mother, who holds a Linkin Park shirt. I smile at her taste in music. "Same here." She says. We walk up t the crash register and pay for our things and leave.

"Lets get lunch." Mom says. I nod and we walk over to a near by food place.

We both walk in and I look around. I spot a girl at a table by herself. I think I go to school with her. I don't know her name, but I believe I seen her at school.

"Mom, can you order while I find us a table?" I ask. She nods and goes to stand in line. I walk over to the pretty girl. "Hey, uh, you look really familiar. I was wandering if you went to Ouran High?" I say. She nods. "Yeah, I do. Your Kellin right?" She ask. How does she know my name?

"Yeah, how do-" she cuts me off. "I say you with Katelynn earlier, and I heard her say your name"-she stands up-"and listen, someone one day will love you and give you everything like you did her." She says. I feel a warmth in my cheeks and my heart beats a little faster.

Y/N's POV

"I'm Y/N, by the way." I say and hold out a hand. He shakes it and I blush a little.

I always saw Kellin around school and thought he was beautiful. I still think he's beautiful. And I seen the things he done for others. He's a really sweet guy, and he's pretty funny too.

"Pretty name." He says. I blush deeply. "T-thanks." I stutter. I really need to work on my stuttering problem.

"No worries." He looks away for a second. "Hey, uh, I got to go and find a table for me and my mother, I'll see you around." He says. "See you around." I say with a smile. He smiles. I smile back and he walks away.

Kellin's POV

I walk away from Y/N with a smile and over to a table near a corner of the restaurant. My mom walks over to our table with our food. "So, I saw you talking to a girl." She says and raises her eyebrows a few times. I face palm. "Please don't do that again, and yeah, I go to school with her." I say as I look back up.

Damn it, I should've asked her why she wasn't at school at this time if she saw me with Katelynn.

When I think of Katelynn a pain hits my chest and a wave of sadness consumes me. I forcefully push it away and eat my food.

***

We walk out of the mall and over to the car. I open my door and get in as my mother does the same. I wish I could talk to Y/N again. Even though I talked to her for a little bit, I want to talk to her more and get to know her more.

The drive home is very talkative. We don't talk about anything specific, we just talk about anything. I never had this bond with my mother, I'm glad I do now.

We get home and go inside. I smile and I walk upstairs to my room. "I'm going to listen to music for a while now." I say. "Okay." Mom says as she sets her things down. I go into my room and close the door and lay down on the bed.

I put in my earbuds and listen to Green Day, Still Breathing. Its one of ny favorite songs by them.

I'm glad I went home. I'm still upset over Katelynn. I'm done with relationships with anyone for now. Its going ti be a while til I'm ready I think, but that's alright.

I scroll through Twitter looking through my . notifications and checking if I got any DM's. Surly enough, Y/N texted me.

Y/U/N: Hey, Kellin, its Y/N, I'm glad we talked earlier, lets stay in touch :)

I smile and reply back.

Kellin: Hey, I'm glad too :)

Should I have said more? I think I should have. Maybe it's fine. I hope so. I hear my notifications go off and interrupt my music. She texted back.

Y/U/N: I was just slightly stalking you, and I see that you have a great taste in music.

Kellin: Really? And thanks, I guess.

Y/U/N: Yeah. Linkin Park is mah jam

Kellin: Same here lol

Y/U/N: Okay, now lets get to know each other

Kellin: Okay, tell me about yourself.

Y/U/N: Well. . . . . I like D&D, Audrey Hepburn, Fangoria, Harry Houdini, and croquet. I can't swim, I can't dance, and I don't know karate.

Kellin: Face it, your never going to make it.

Y/U/N: I don't wanna make it.

Kellin: Same.
Kellin: tell me something else.

Y/U/N: Hmmmm, I'm an only child and I don't really have friends. I got like one and that's Alex Gaskarth

Kellin: I don't have many friends but I'm friends with Alex too. We don't talk much tho.

Y/U/N: Hey, with us becoming friends now, hopefully you two get to talk to each other.

Kellin: Yeah hopefully :)

Y/U/N: Damn it, I gtg, talk to you tomorrow tho. Good night

Kellin: Talk to you soon, have a good night.

I smile as I plug my phone to its charger and lay down just looking at the ceiling. Minus everything with Katelynn, today is a good day.

My eye lids become heavy as I fall asleep listening to Around The World And Back by State Champs.