Chapter 1

"I have a dream
That one day i will be free
That someone will come and show me my destiny
I have a dream
That one day my dream will become reality
That God will show me where i'm suppose to be
I have a dream
Either far among the mountains or near home
My dream just came true now i know
My dream is no longer a fantasy "

I put the book down on the stand and looked up at the people who were staring at me. I gave a small smile as everyone rose to their feet and clapped. 'Clapped!', for me. 

I walked off the panel and went to the table where my parents and siblings sat. I smiled brightly at them, then took my seat. We all then looked back to the panel as one of the Judges went up to give the results of who won the poem competition.

"The winner of the 2018 Poem Poetry competition is........", my mom grabbed my hand and squeezed it, for a second my breathing stopped. "UNIQUE SANTIAGO!", I laughed and got up, hugged my mom and dad before going up on the stage to get my trophy. 

................................................................................................................................................................

I smiled at my dad as he reminded us of some old stories of me writing poetry when i was 9, "Remember when she made that poem about the Kitten with a rabbit's tail?", he laughed asking my mom. I laughed and replied with "I remember how that came to be, i was actually watching a documentary about cats while playing with Heidi!".

Just as we were about to continue our conversation, i was pulled away from the group of laughing red heads, i turned around to see who pulled me. I looked up to Emerald Green eyes, "What do you want August?", I asked smiling like an idiot.

"I just came to say congratulations, you finally beat me at something!", I smiled and nodded, " This wouldn't be the first time!" i replied smirking. 

He looked down at me and smiled, i return the smile then kissed him "Thanks for being here for me and helping me out!".

"Anytime!" He said "Oh uhm......." He said looking back up at me, scratching the back of his head, "I'll see you later?", I nodded then walked back to my parents smiling like crazy.