First Encounter

"So how did you two meet?" Aoi Asahina the Ultimate Swimmer asked.

The class of 78 were sitting around a campfire roasting marshmallows.

It's been quite a while since they began dating Makoto Naegi Ultimate Lucky Student and Mukuro Ikusaba Ultimate Solider...though a pairing no one expected it was cute none the less

"Um...well." Ikusaba said with a tint of pink across her freckled face, she was really shy talking about their relationship, heck she was shy about PDA...though everyone knew about this since day 2 of the relationship...thanks to a certain blonde model.

Naegi knew about her shyness and decided to step in.

"Hm...okay I think it went like this." Naegi said putting a finger to his chin.

*A Few Months ago.*

"Kirigiri your partner will be Oogami." The Teacher said listing off the names of people and their partners, they exchanged looks and nods

"Ludenburg your partner will be Fujisaki." She said, Fujisaki lifted their hand in a high five as Ludenburg returned the gesture in good spirits...she may be a ruthless gambler but she wasn't cruel to leave Fujisaki of all people hanging.

"Oowada your partner will be Asahina." She said, Asahina looked towards him and waved as Oowada said 'What's up.' in response.

"Togami your partner is Yamada." She said, Togami muttered an audible 'Oh great' as Yamada took offense by it and began to talk about an anime he saw as a rebuttal

"Fukawa your partner is Kuwata." She said, Kuwata gave her a smile as Fukawa looked away.

"Maizono your partner is Ishimaru." She said, Maizono gave him a smile as Ishimaru nodded at the gesture.

"Hagakure your partner is Enoshima." She said, Enoshima gave him a frightening grin as Hagakura looked away in fear.

"And lastly Naegi your partner is Ikusaba." She said closing her notebook, "Now your assignment is due this Friday, you all know what the projects on, now get to work." She said.

Everyone shuffled next to their partners...some quicker than others, and some who don't want to do it at all.

Ikusaba was one of those...not that she hated Naegi, she didn't know him aside from him being her classmate, him being the 'Lucky Student' whatever that means, and having an ahoge.

"Hello Ikusaba-san." He greeted sitting next to her.

"Hello Naegi." She said with a straight face.

"...So what should we base our project on?" He asked with a smile.

Their project was based on history of Japan, write a paper about a specific time period and create a model on said time period.

"How about World War 2?" She suggested as Naegi laughed.

She was taken by surprise, she has rarely showed emotions, or have someone direct emotions towards her other than despair and sadness from her years with Fenrir and her sister.

"D-Did I say something wrong?" Ikusaba asked.

Naegi looked at her, and he saw that she genuinely felt that she did something wrong.

"Oh...I'm sorry you did nothing wrong, I just thought it was funny how you chose a war being the Ultimate Solider." He said giving her a a nervous smile.

Ikusaba looked at him and blinked, "L-lets get started." She said turning away trying to conceal an obvious blush...luckily Naegi is super naive.

"Okay, what should our model be about?" He asked.

When the blush subsided finally, they were talking about events they can base their model...which lasted all of 5 seconds before Naegi threw the thought train completely off course.

"So how was your day?" He asked.

"O-oh um...fine?" She said.

It wasn't apparent to Ikusaba why he was asking these questions like how was her day been, how her classes going, etc etc, but Naegi's plan was to get her out of her shell a little more and try to cure her shyness.

After more questions with nervous responses the bell rang for lunch.

Soon after the bell finished ringing and the students were being excused from class, Ikusaba was walking away before Naegi ran up to her.

"Hey Ikusaba-san." He said walking next to her.

"Y-Yes Naegi?" She asked, a little burst of nervousness managing to escape.

Ikusaba didn't know why she was suddenly acting so nervous and giddy around him, literally 10 minutes ago she was calm and composed...then he laughed...and smiled and.

"Hey Ikusaba you alright?" Naegi asked.

Ikusaba snapped back to reality...she was standing in the middle of the hallway, hearing snickers coming from her sister Enoshima.

"Y-yeah I'm fine." She said walking back next to Naegi.

"So what I was saying was, do you mind coming by to my dorm to discuss the project?" He asked.

"Y-yeah after school?" She asked.

"Yeah after school sounds fine." He said with excitement, and with a smile that was practically glowing.

"O-Okay I-I gotta go to lunch, b-bye." She said stuttering and walking away in a rapid pace, hiding the blush on her face.

'Dang that...smile.' She thought as she proceeded the day with that smile in mind.

*Back to the Present*

"So that's how we met." He said as he looked towards Ikusaba who was blushing a bright pink blush.

"Aww that's cute, so what happened next?" Asahina asked.

Asahina always asked questions about their relationships usually 1 on 2, but this time the entire class was there to listen.

"Okay I think this is what happened next." Naegi said.

End of Vignette