Chapter 2

Hello everyone!! I'm writing 3 stories right now and I'm trying to keep in track with writing and posting the stories so I might post my third story soon but I'm mainly focusing on my Supernatural(save me) one but yeah hopefully you'll enjoy this chapter of The Light of Life

"Kion you idiot!" Carolyn yelled. "What! What did I do?" Kion answered. "I did not raise you to be this reckless!" Carolyn yelled pointing a wooden spoon at Kion "And again what did I do?" Kion said.
"After all these years you've lived with me and worked in my bakery......you put the blueberry muffins in the wrong cart young man!" Carolyn yelled aggravated. 'Oh no..' Kion thought. Carolyn is very serious about her bakery since she got put in charge ever since her aunt passed. "Oh um.., I'm sorry Carolyn, I was getting sidetracked.." Kion answered scratching the back of his head.
"Stop daydreaming Kion. Is this because of your friend Joseph. Did he put bad thoughts in your head." She said sending a glare. "No, no, no. I'll tell you later.." Kion said looking down at his feet. Carolyn looked at Kion and sighed. She walked over to him and lifted his head. "You can tell me anything sweetheart. You are lik-are my son. I raised you from just a baby......you can tell me whenever you feel like it, I just want you to feel comfortable telling me. I love you." She then hugged him to her chest. She brought this boy up all by herself. When she was twenty years old she found Kion laying on her doorstep sound asleep. She picked him up and coddled him to her chest. Her husband at the time came to the door to see why she had been there for so long.

She turned around to show her husband the beautiful boy but was met with a look of disgust. The next day he packed up his bags and left town

~~
Flashback
~~

"I am keeping this child John!" Carolyn yelled. "He is not yours Carolyn, you cannot keep a child that was found on your doorstep." He yelled back
"He was found on OUR doorstep Johnathon! And he could be OURS together!" She sobbed.
"Carolyn you know you cannot have kids yourself, after all the try's. I will not raise this retch! He does not have my blood running through his veins! If you will not give him up then I am leaving!" He yelled in her face.
She looked at her husband then down to the child. She looked in to his ocean eyes then closed hers.
"Then leave John."
She finally said. He looked at her with shock in his eyes then stomped to the bedroom and was gone the next morning.
Carolyn had fallen asleep on the rocking chair with the baby in her arms. She awoke to knocking on her door. "Huh..." she got up off the chair and placed the baby on the bed in the other room.
The knocking started again so she ran to the front door. "Hel-oh! Auntie!" Carolyn yelled excitedly answering the door. "Ah..good morning Carolyn. I came by to drop off some biscuits I made at the bakery. They're Johns favorite." She said happily. At this Carolyn looked down and sighed. She looked up at her aunt with a small smile. "Thank you for the biscuits I'll be sure to eat them. But please do come in auntie....there is some explaining to do."
"Is everything alright dear?" Auntie asked taking one hand off the handle of the basket of biscuits to touch her nieces shoulder.
"Well there is good and bad news.." Carolyn answered.
They both made their way inside and sat on the couch. Carolyn glanced towards her bedroom and then looked at her aunt.
"Last night I found a baby on my doorstep." Auntie looked at her in surprise. "What? Where is it?" Auntie asked. Carolyn got up and went to go get the baby, she came back and showed him to her aunt.
When auntie looked at the boy she smiled.
"He's so beautiful, he's got magnificent eyes...they have stars in them." Auntie said with a happy smile.
"What's his name." Auntie said looking up at Carolyn. "Oh..um..I don't even know." Carolyn answered laughing a little.
"How bout you name him Auntie?" Carolyn asked.
Auntie then grasped the child's hand and observed him with adoring eyes. The baby then looked up at her and smiled.
"Kion....his name is Kion."
"I love it." Carolyn said, then raising Kion up in her Arms. Kion giggled and smiled.
They both laughed and smiled at the beautiful baby.
Auntie then remembered....
"And the bad news?" Auntie asked
"Oh yes...well when I found Kion I asked if we could raise him since I can't have children. But John said he would rather leave me then raise a child who is not of his own blood." Carolyn said with disgust in her voice.
"Oh honey..I'm so sorry!! What man does that!"
Auntie yelled standing up and putting one hand on her hip frustrated.
"I told him to leave because I am not leaving this child alone on the streets or in an Orphanage."
"You made the right decision." Auntie said sending a comforting smile. "He might want to find his real family in the future but I will raise him." Carolyn said smiling....

~~
Present
~~

Carolyn looked down at the fifteen year old boy and smiled.
"Well I'll tell you now, I was thinking you wouldn't like the idea.." Kion said.
"As long as you aren't going to work in the castle I'll be fine." Carolyn said putting her hands on Kion's shoulders.
"Well....." Kion said looking to the side.
Carolyn then glared at Kion.
"What did you do young man?" She asked.
"Well Joseph and I were in town square and well one of the guards came out and posted a note on the well pole...and...basically it said that the queen needed a new stable boy so I told the guard that I could come in and apply for the job..." Kion said smiling excitedly at Carolyn.
Carolyn took her hands off his shoulders.
"Kion you know that I don't want you working in the castle, let alone working with horses and picking up muck. You won't be able to help me at the bakery anymore..and you know I need your help." Carolyn said picking up some of the doe she had been kneading earlier.
"But come on! You know I really wanna work in the castle and I don't earn enough pieces(money) working in the bakery, and I'll still live here I just won't work in the bakery.." Kion said going to her side and helping.
"I don't know Kion.." she said.
"I'll get Joseph to help you!" Kion said trying to ease her way in to the idea.
"...really..? Joseph..?" Carolyn asked glaring at Kion.
Kion looked down nervous. Last time Joseph helped out at the bakery he almost blew up the oven.
Carolyn sighed, she saw pure determination in his eyes for working at the castle. He would accept any job there if he could.
"Alright fine Kion.." Carolyn said.
"THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!" He yelled hugging her tightly and jumping up and down.
Carolyn laughed at him and smiled at his happiness.
"Now help me out with this doe!" She yelled.
"Yes ma'am!" Kion said running to get more ingredients to make more.