The Hippogriffs: Year 3

Start from the beginning

"Coincidence," Hermione waved her hand, pouring herself a glass of pumpkin juice and filling Amisty's half full glass as well.

"You don't know what you're talking about! Grims scare the living daylights out of most wizards!" Ron's eyes narrowed, he was starting to get mad.

"There you are, then. They see the Grim and die of fright. The Grim's not an omen, it's the cause of death! And Harry's still with us because he's not stupid enough to see one and think, right, well, I'd better kick the bucket then!" Hermione replied, lifting her chin.

Ron couldn't seem to find the words to reply, his mouth moving with no sound coming out. Hermione took out her Arithmancy book and propped it against the juice jug as Amisty and Harry traded exasperated looks.

It was a very common occurrence for the two of them to argue.

"I think Divination seems very woolly. A lot of guesswork, if you ask me," Hermione sighed, flipping through her pages as she searched for the chapter she would be reading.

"There was nothing woolly about the Grim in that cup!" Ron insisted angrily.

"You didn't seem quite so confident when you were telling Harry it was a sheep," Hermione replied simply, not even lifting her gaze.

"Professor Trelawney said you didn't have the right aura! You just don't like being bad at something for a change!" Ron snapped.

Hermione stiffened and she slammed her book against the table.

Quite a few heads turned and immediately turned back at the sight of Hermione's face.

"If being good at Divination means I have to pretend to see death omens in a lump of tea leaves, I'm not sure I'll be studying it much longer! That lesson was absolute rubbish compared with my Arithmancy class!" She growled, grabbing up her bag and stalking away.

Amisty had just started to get to her feet when she turned back to her. "No, I'm fine."

Hermione's voice was firm, and Amisty had no choice other than to sit back down and watch as her friend disappeared out of the Great Hall.

"What's she talking about? She hasn't been to an Arithmancy class yet," Ron frowned, looking over at Harry and Amisty. They both shrugged.

-=+=-

Their next lesson was Care of Magical Creatures.

Amisty didn't know if the heavy feeling in her stomach as they walked outside the castle was excitement or terror.

The sky had cleared up since the night before, the dark clouds replaced by a clear dove grey and the grass was slightly damp and springy. It was a perfect temperature to go out.

The walk down was awkward, though, despite the cheerful weather. Hermione and Ron wouldn't even look at one another, let alone say a single word.

Amisty looked down the slopes they were walking, another strange emotion joining the jumble in her stomach at the sight of three heads. Of course, the one in the middle was harbouring the telltale blonde hair. The said blonde was talking very enthusiastically to his two goons, silver eyes alight as they both chuckled.

So they would be having this class with the Slytherins.

"C'mon, now, get a move on! Got a real treat for yeh today! Great lesson comin' up!" Hagrid called, grinning as they all crowded around him. "Everyone here? Right, follow me!"

He led them along the outskirts of the forest, Amisty highly aware of the gaze burning in the back of her neck.

She turned her head slightly to not draw attention from her friends, meeting a pair of silver eyes.

Magic? || Years 1-5On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara