New School

Okay guys, so I have Sats this weekend, then finals, then ACTs. So for you guys, that unfortunately means no update for about a week and a half.  But........ after that I'm semi-free for two weeks!  And semi-free about ten times the amount of free time I have now, so I should be able to write a lot :]

Hope you like the chapter, enjoy, comment vote, al lthat fun stuff.  Dedicated to MissTrouble123 becasue she made me an awesome cover, thanks! :]

Chapter 3

Charlie and Chris couldn’t believe dad let me have the room.  They said it was used for when Alphas or Betas from other packs came to stay to work out negotiations.  But still, they help me move everything into my new room before we ate dinner.  Which was amazing.  I mean, I guess I’m not the best judge because I never got a lot of home cooked meals growing up, but Susan was an awesome cook.

It was a simple spaghetti dinner, and yet she made it seem like we were at a five-star restraint.  I voiced this opinion aloud, and she said that was because she used to be the main chef in a major restraint in Chicago.  So yeah, she was good.

After dinner Susan gave me an actual tour of the house, not just, as Susan said, “here’s the living room, now find a bedroom,” like my dad did.

And like the rest of the house, it was gorgeous.  There was a dining room with a long table that help up to 30 people, used mostly for meetings and stuff with higher up members of the pack.  Besides that, there was a large sun room that led to the back deck, which then led their huge pool.  In the basement there was a pretty much an entire Gym, with bikes, treadmills, weights, and all that “fun stuff.”

Overall, it was a beautiful house inside and out, and I knew I would love living here.  Hannah has been by my side all night, asking all about my home back in New York.  Some questions got a little complicated like, “Do you have a boyfriend?” and “Who’s your best friend?” but for the most part I gave her truthful answers.

And then there was Ryan, who was absolutely adorable.  Susan let me hold him after dinner, and I was already in love with him.  It was weird to think that he was my little brother, but I had a feeling I’d come to think of him as family, just like how I already thought of Charlie and Chris as my brothers.

They all did a great job at making me feel welcome here and I got to spend a lot of time with them for the week before school started.  I got to run through the woods for miles and miles and it had been amazing.  The steep incline of the mountain made me actually tire out after a few hours of running around, which was new for me.  But one thing we didn’t do much was socialize with many of the other pack members.  So when the first day of school came, I honestly had no idea who I would meet today.

“Now remember, this school has shifters and humans at it, but stick to the shifters.  We can’t let the humans around here know what we are,” Chris said to me on the drive to school.

“I know,” I said immediately.  They’d been telling me this all week, but something did bother it about me, and I finally voiced my concern.  “But how will I know who is a shifter?”

“You’ll be able to smell the difference.  I know you haven’t been around a lot of shifters yet, but think of the difference between me and Susan, and you’ll be able to tell who is who.”

I nodded my head and thought about Susan’s scent compared to the others in the house.  When I thought about it, I realized there was a difference I could probably recognize, even in human form.

After the thirty minute drive (we really did live in the middle of nowhere), we pulled up to the front of the school.  It was nothing special, just a brick building, two stories high.  A sign in the front by a flag pole said “Rocky Mountain High School.”