Chapter 6: "Autopsy!"

Start from the beginning

"Uh, that wouldn't really be appropriate." I say and Robert nods.

"I just want to know what it feels like." Andie says and I look at him.

"This isn't your last chance for that." Robert says.

"What if it is?" Andie says. I gulp as I look at Robert. I could tell he was feeling sorry for Andie.

"Please?" Andie says and I shrug. Robert leans down and gives Andie a small kiss.

Later, I look at Robert as we stood alone drinking coffee waiting for the others.

"That was nice of you." I say and Robert nods.

"Yeah, I guess." Robert says, "You've never said anything about my voice being dreamy."

"You've got an accent." I say and he looks at me and I grin at him, "Yeah, every time you speak, it sends flurries up and down my body, but actually saying that is a little embarrassing." He smiles as he was moments from kissing me when Foreman walks in. The group gets to work when House walks into the room and throws a bag of bagels onto the table.

They begin discussing Andie and it comes out that Robert kissed Andie and House looks at me.

"You actually let him?" House asks.

"It was a nice thing to do for a potential dying girl." I say.

"Right." House says.

Later, they meet in a locker/shower area for doctors and nurses. They figure out that something is wrong with Andie's heart and Robert stood down in the OR during the surgery and he discovers that Andie is bleeding into her eye. They discover that she has a clot and they try to find it but don't find it. I sit in one of the chairs in the office upside down and House walks into the room and looks at me then at Robert.

"She does that when she's thinking." Robert explains.

"What if her bravery is a symptom." I say suddenly after a few moments of quiet. Cameron actually jumps from not expecting me to speak.

"The blood is rushing to your brain." Foreman says and I sit on the chair correctly.

"I mean what if the clot is messing with her emotions. It's possible." I say.

"Well the only way we'll be able to see it is in autopsy." Foreman says.

"Well, let's do that then. Nurse, you are now ranked higher than your boyfriend on list of smart people in this room." House says.

"I feel like that was an insult to him." I say.

House leaves to get consent from Cuddy and then Wilson gets the consent from the mother and House goes to see Andie. Andie looks over at him the best she can. They spend hours practicing on a corpse. Foreman gets an idea and the next day, they put the new plan into action. I stare watching from the observation room.

"This is either going to revolutionize medicine, or be a huge failure." I say.

"Make sure you take notes of everything." Cameron says.

"Right." I say as it was my job to write everything down so that House can make it look fancy later. Everything goes off without a hitch and I watch everything with Wilson, Cuddy and Cameron. Foreman notices the clot and they warm her back up. Within a few hours, Andie wakes up and I stood outside watching her. After a few days, Andie is able to go home. Everyone goes to see her off and she looks at House before hugging him. I look at Robert and I smile.

Later that evening, I make dinner while Robert sat in the living room relaxing from our long day.

"You know, surgery is pretty spectacular. I didn't think something like that could possibly happen." I say.

"Yeah, well, you were a little bit wrong about her bravery though." Robert says.

"Yeah, but we got it and Andie can live her life for a little while longer. Maybe she'll actually get a real first kiss from a guy that actually loves her." I say, "That was sweet of you to do you know."

"Yeah, well, let's not talk about it anymore." Robert says and I take a deep breath as I close my eyes while thinking.

"Robert..." I say and blush as I put the finished food into a bowl and set the table.

"Yeah?" He asks walking into the room. I turn and smile as I hug him tightly. He looks at me as he places his hand on my hips pulling me tightly against him.

"I love you." I say and he smiles. He kisses me differently than he ever has and I blush deeper. He breaks the kiss and rests his forehead against mine.

"I love you too." He says, "The food smells really good."

"Well dig in." I say as we sit down at the table.

"Tell me more about what you first thought when you fell in love with me." He say as he finishes dinner.

"I told you, it's embarrassing!" I say and he smiles.

"Come on, please tell me." He says and I sigh trying to start cleaning up but he pulls me down onto his lap.

"Alright, the sound of your voice sends flurries up and down my body. I feel warm and safe in your arms. When you kiss me, I feel like my heart is going to burst in my chest." I say.

"I know what you have." He says.

"Oh really?" I ask.

"You have a little disease called being in love." He says.

"Oh, really doctor?" I ask and he nods.

"I can't say anything, I've got the same disease." He says.

"Is there a cure?" I ask.

"Nope, I don't think scientists have discovered a cure for this disease." He says.

"Then it looks like we are both going to have to live with it. Until it kills us." I say.

"Certainly." He says and kisses me again.