Chapter 37

Daniel reaches the edge of the river, breathless. He searches for Valerie everywhere, but he can't find her through the thick fog. But finally, his eyes settle on a small form, barely visible, leaning over the edge of the bridge.

"Valerie!" Daniel shouts as loud as he possible could. The fragile girls head snaps up. He can make out the tears leaking down her fact. "Valerie please, walk to me. You don't have to end it. It will get better, please!"

She shakes her head, crying more. "Why? Why did you do it? You knew what you were doing! You never once stopped to think about how i was breaking"

"I-I know! I'm sorry! Please, it can go back to the way it was before! You can go over to my house, we can eat my moms cookies, and mess up the whole house playing tag! Remember when we played tag? It was your favourite game, even though half of the time you would fall" Daniel rhapsodized. "Please Valerie, please. I miss you, I just- It was hard, after he passed. I know I was wrong, I know what I did was terrible, but please, please just come back!"

Valerie wiped her eyes. Debating what to do... She hesitantly took a small step towards him, her eyes locked on his. He looked hopeful, but at the same time, like a puppy who just had his bone taken away. She kept taking small steps, the bridge groaning loudly, as if it had just woken up from a hangover. Once of the planks on the bridge, must have had a very bad hangover, because it gave way from underneath Valerie.

Valerie let out a yelp as she fell into the raging river below. Daniel yelled, constantly shouting her name, before leaping into the rapids to attempt to save her.

Valerie's body stiffened at the freezing cold. She franticly tried to swim, and just stay above the surface. She just couldn't... She was too weak. Maybe if she had just eaten something... if she had just bothered to go find someone to help. If she had stopped trying to smile the pain away, and just let people know, "hey, i'm really not okay, can I have some help?"

Daniel fought his way through the river, getting swept under multiple times. He was growing weak. He saw Valerie, and snatched her hand. They were swept under again. He struggled as hard as he could. She gave Daniel a small smile, before her eyes shut, and a peaceful expression was placed on her angelic face. When he felt that she didn't have a pulse, he was completely destroyed. He had killed her, he was the reason she was killed herself, the reason she decided that she was not worth it. Daniel was so distracted, he didn't see the pile of rocks. His head smashed into a rock, creating a remarkably bug gash on his head. He pulled himself and Valerie on top of the rocks, taking his last moments to take in every detail, every inch, every single beautiful part of her face.

It was a day that forever be remembered. A day that would strike sorrow into students hearts. A day that would put cuffs on a dad, who just wanted to drink away his sorrows. A day that would change it all.

Valerie and Daniel's bodies wouldn't be discovered until his friends went looking for them, after finding the notes in his room.

Valerie and Daniel were at peace now, and able to rest, well, their bodies could rest... Maybe not them though...

I'm not crying... Please, if anybody ever feels this way, your are NOT alone. There is always somebody who will listen, if you just take some time to look around, and notice who will.

Don't leave yet, there is still one more chapter!