RACE HORSE

I looked across the open field, my heart racing as soon will I. the sun was beating down from the clear blue sky, this would only make the race harder as I realised this I grunted in my deep thought.my rider Charlie comes beside me, I can sense the fear in her as we both know that we cant lose. I feel her hand stroke my neck which comforts both of us. We stay like this for a bit but more we stayed like this, the more Charlie was shaking. She slowly mounts me, as she does so I feel her legs shaking, and her body was all tense. I slowly trotted up to the rest of the horses being carful not waste my energy, they seem as nervous as me. All except one: a huge big black stallion, the more I watched him, the more I knew he would be my biggest hurdle!

 Charlie leaned forward and whisper in my ear," We can do it lighting," before taking the reins. Then the whistle goes. I feel Charlie suddenly loose up and her body stopped shaking, we were gunner be okay.   I canter as fast as I can, my hooves thudding on the floor.my tail flying out behind me. we were a quarter of the way around the field and already we were falling behind and the dirt of the horses hooves were flying in mine and Charlie’s face causing me to slow down even more. “We can do this lighting I know we can," shouts Charlie. Those words hit my like a rock. I had to win, I couldn’t let Charlie down. I ignored the need to slow down and started cantering, soon we were with the rest of the horses, the other riders glanced at us and looks of shock swept across their faces causing Charlie to chuckle and me to grin. I pushed myself even further. Slowly passing all the other horses, soon we came to the big black one. We were locked in deadly battle franticly trying to go faster, I saw the jockey of the stallion face, shocked was all over it.As well as the beads of sweat on his forehead. The finish line was insight, I don’t know what trigged it but I found my legs moving fast slowly pulling away from the stallion bit by bit. Soon we were over seven legs in front of the other horses. We were almost there.my legs ached all over but I couldn’t stop, not now! I felt my heart beat faster, as I pushed myself further.my breathing was heavy and sweat was dripping down my neck. Finally we reached the line. We had won!

it wasn't a proper race, it was just a race just for teenagers and their horses but Charlie and I were different because all the other riders where boys and well Charlie was a girl and also she was only thirteen and the others were fifteen and over. Everyone seemed shocked that we had won because no one knows that my father was an amazing race horse, but any way me and Charlie don’t care that we are different, because being different means were not ordinary ,and that’s just how we like it. we slowed our pase till we were at a walk, Charlie jumped down and wrapped her arms round my neck. “I knew we could do it!" she whispers in my ear. I felt pride sweep through me causing me to toss my head making my mane flick out. Charlie lead me into the stable where she got changed and let me have some water. God i never felt so happy to feel the icy water trickle down my throat .soon Charlie was in her normal ridding gear, she tacked me up again after she had shook hands with all the other riders. finally she mounted me and we started the ride home through the old country lanes that was covered with wild flowers and sweet sounds of birds, that lead to our farm.it wasn’t any think special but it was our home, Charlie lived with her mum. unfortunately her dad passed away just after she was born. We soon got to the gate but instead of opening it,i decided to jump it. i felt myself speed up, my gaze was fixed somely on the old gate. Then i jumped.my hooves kicked off the ground, I felt Charlie tense up, my mane and my tail was flying out in the wind.it was as if we were flying but of Corse that came to an end when i landed. Charlie let go of the reins and laughed. then we spotted the black sleek limo...