For the Sake of Texting You

Lizzy rolled over and turned on her phone. Well, if she was going to waste her once-a-year night, might as well be her insomniac night, right?

If he wasn't awake, though...

Hey William, you up?

A few minutes later, her phone chirped. Yes, I am. I take it it's Once-A-Year Night? He always texted as though he was talking in real life.

Yeah. Can't sleep.

Want me to sing to you so that you can save OAYN for ltr? It's only Aug.

Nah... I'm good, tnx.

Now, which boy has you up at 1 am in the morning, I wonder?

Y u up at 1 am if not for some grl? Fess up William.

It's called a thesis. And for your information, the only girl keeping me up at 1 is you.

Ur humor lol William.

Your grammar no longer makes sense.

I meant ur so funny when ur being sarcastic.

Am I?

Yep. I ❤ ur humor tho...

There was a few minutes' pause in the conversation before he replied. Yours is goofy.

No fair! Lizzy smiled to herself as she sent the text. Banter like this was the reason she loved Once-A-Year-Night.

William?

Yeah.

Fitzroy Evans asked me out.

Why are you telling me?

What should I do? He's cute n all, but I dunno anything abt him!

Get to know him then. Pend your answer until you do.

How?

Just say it, duh... what is it about girls that makes em want 2 complicate evrything?

Our girly senses, Male Person.

That's MR. Male Person to you, young lady.

Y Wills! I didn't know young gentlemen behaved like tht!

The name Wills is OFF LIMITS.

No its not.

Yes it is. I'm the oldest and I say so.

William... rlly tho, shuld I tell him evrything?

Everything you want him to know.

OK. Just as u say...

Now you sound Regency.

Who's the 1 who does Regency, huh? All u read is JA!

Why not? The humor is awesome!

I can't wade thru the txt. U can, n thats great but I can't. D only 1 I rlly like is P&P. Darcy tho 😍

That's ok. You know it doesn't really matter to me. And yes, I've read your fanfiction...

Like this they bantered on until nearly 4 am, and William officially ended OAYN by texting, Good morning Elizabeth.

Bye Will, luv ya.

Luv ya 2.

That was always their way of saying goodbye.

Tnx for stayin up. 😊

You know I'd stay up every night of the year for the sake of texting you, right?

Why is it OAYN, then? Why only once a year?

Because you need to get your sleep, you're only 14. I'm 21, I can afford it :)

No fair! 😣

Haha, luv ya 2 Lizzibeth ;) Now sign off like a good girl.

Alright. Luv ya Will.

Turning off her phone, Elizabeth lay back against the pillows. The feeling is mutual, Wills. I'd stay up every night if it was for the sake of texting you.