II- When Flowers Get Creepy

(Andy's POV)

  "Oh, hi, Mr. Barclay..." a woman on the other end of the phone says lowly. "What can I help you with today?"

  "Well, I was just calling to check in on the status of my application. You said you'd call me I'm a few days, but it's been almost a week," I explain, feeling a little nervous now.

  "Ohhh.... well, Andy, unfortunately... we have decided to go with someone else."

  "May I ask why?" I think I already know the answer.

  "It's just that we have run a background check on you and, well, I think you know why."

  "Yes, I know."

  "But, thank you for cooperating. We do apologize. Good luck in the future." She hangs up on me.

  That's the 4th job that has turned me down because of my past. Chucky has ruined everything for me. Finding a job is almost impossible. Things go smoothly until they do the background check. That's when they find out about all the murders and things along those lines that I have witnessed.

  Yes, I saw it happen, but I never did any of that, it was all him. I thought I had killed him a few years back when he found me again and got shipped to my house. I was wrong.

  Now, I believe that he may have finally quit. Surely he will bleed out from the gunshot wound I gave him, again. I just hope things will stay the way they are. Besides the fact that I can't get a job, I love my new life.

  I love OUR new life.

  Most girls, after they found out who I am, would run away. But not Cassidy. Cassidy knows what I've gone through. Hell, she's experienced the same thing only... a little different?

  We're doing perfectly fine together, it's just... she refuses to take our relationship to the next level. I don't want to force her, but I'm a man, and I have needs, ya know?

  A knock at the door shakes me out of my thoughts, followed by ringing the door bell.

  "I'm comin', I'm comin'!" I yell, getting up.

  "Hello, sir. What do you know about the lord?" A man in a suit says, holding multiple papers. Damn, straight to it, huh?

  "Um, hi... I know enough," I tell him.

  "Is that so? Well did you know that Jesus-"

  "I'm really, really sorry, and I don't mean to be rude, but I'm actually not interested."

  "Oh, but you will be! The lord is interested in you, why aren't you interested in-"

  "Sir, please, I'm busy right now."

  "Ok, but did you know-"

  I slowly close the door as he goes on and on. He was so deep into talking that I really don't even think he noticed I closed it. Jeez, he just wasn't going to give up! I'm not a very religious man, but I know enough to know that the devil is alive, and his code name is Chucky.

  I always catch myself thinking about where he is now, and if he made it out alive- if he's still looking for me... for us. Would he ever have a real reason to hurt Cass, though? I mean, they were... "together". What a disgusting thought. But I do have to thank Chucky because it brought me closer to her, and I'm loving every moment of it. 

(Cassidy's POV)

  "And that's it for the day," Alejandro says, putting the last dish away. "Closing kinds sucks, but hey, the tips get better at night because weirdos think they can get lucky when you get off work."

  "Gross," I laugh, undoing my hair from the ponytail that kept it in place.

  "So that's everything you'll be doing. Think you can handle it alone tomorrow? I have some business to handle, so I won't be able to be here with you."

  "Yeah, seems simple enough. Don't worry about me, I'll be just fine!"

  He smiles at me. "I knew you would." Grabbing our things, we set the alarm, lock up, and go. I tell Alejandro goodbye and jump into my own car, gazing at the flowers for a while until I pull off.

  I can't think of anyone who would do something like this for me. I mean, no one here knows me. Unless I have a secret admirer, or this is Andy trying to be slick, I have no clue who it is.

  Whatever! They're really pretty, and I haven't received flowers in quite a while, so I'll overlook this.

  💐

  Once home, I take a late night shower before I get in bed. Andy is already asleep, so I try not to make too much noise. I carefully get in bed on my side and shut my eyes.

  The last thing I see before I dose off is those pretty, blue flowers laying in the passenger seat of my car.

  It's a rather familiar blue.