The perfect couple

Soarin's point of view

             Uhhhh!!! what is going on everybody is acting so weird. All to other wonderbolt stalions keep teasing me about not having a date for the Gala and how I should ask out Rainbow dash. I mean come on we have nothing in common. Like I get she has saved Equestria a dozen times and she's done the sonic rainboom but she's not that awesome. I don't care if ponies keep teasing or whatever but I wont let them get to me. She will never be nothing more then a friend to me and that's final.

Time skip to Gala

Rainbow's point of view

              The Gala time again. Every year the same thing, well not really since Princess Celestia started inviting discord he's really been  able to patch things up. This year the wonderbolt thing is going to be different, We're gonna perform then we're going to change into fancy attire and stuff. I really don't see why Spitfire is making us all do it, like get that she wants to dance with her boyfriend at the Gala later tonight but not all of us have dates. At the wonderbolts performance, my friends were in the stands, and guess what all of them also had dates except Applejack, me and her were still single. Twilight was dating Flash, Rarity was dating Fancy Pants, Fluttershy was dating Discord(gross), and Pinkie well she was with Cheese Sandwich, well kind of, he hasn't exactly asked her out yet but still. Seems like the only ponies who still had common sense was me and AJ.

              Me and the rest of the wonderbolts were starting to prepare for the performance, but right before we started Rarity came up to me and said, "Alright Dash, hurry up so you can change in your dress, I think it might attract Soarin," I looked at her and said, "Can't wait." After the performance I just hung out with my friends until Spitfire called me over to ask me if I had a date. "For the hundredth time, NO!!!"

Spitfire's point of view

              Fleetfoot came up to me and said you're the captain aren't ya. I replied "yeah" then just command soarin to ask her to dance. It's their life I shouldn't interfere and it is not my job to worry about their relationship.  She just walked off when a loud voice said, "Alright everypony grab you're sweethearts for a little slow dance I went to dance with my boyfriend as did all he other wonderbolts except Dash and Soarin. I only cared because I've Known Soarin since we were foals and I wanted to see him happy. Too bad:(

Soarin's point of view

               The dance the worst part. For a while I just stood their watching everypony dance, then I saw Rainbow Dash, She looked so beautiful. No, ohhhh........ I just had to do it I had to ask her to dance. I walked up to her and said "hey crash I mean dash, hehe." Oh hey Soarin" she responded. Any chance you want to dance, as friends though. She looked at me and said " don't know."

Rainbow's point of view

SOARIN asked me to dance, Soarin. Should I, I mean for some reason the want to but... ok I'll do it.

No ones point of view

"Omg!!! Girls look." Rarity said. "Is that Rainbow Dash dancing with... Soarin."Twilight responded. "Looks like they do make a good couple after all, and Dash is learning it the hard way."Fluttershy said. The also joined in the dance, while Rainbow and Soarin were actually enjoying each other.