Chapter forty-three: Accepted

Começar do início

"Because you're a great cook and cute." He says with another bite. I look away and open up the waffle pan again.

"Doesn't mean I'm the wife..." I mumble under my breath in protest.

"I heard that."
"Whatever!" I hear him laugh from my reaction. I was flustered, but his laugh soothed me. I smiled and fixed my plate. I picked it up and sat next to him on the couch. He puts his arm around me and kisses my cheek.

"There's nothing wrong with being the wife."
"Just eat your waffle." I grumble as I cut up my breakfast. He chuckles a little and nods.

"Don't have to tell me twice."

•  •  •

After breakfast, we headed outside for a walk in the park next door. It was warm outside so I wore a tee and jeans while Hiroomi–being the cold-blooded human he is–wore a scarf and jacket with jeans. The park was blooming with cherry blossoms with a clear sky to match it; a perfect day.

I took it all in as we entered the park. The air was cool and fresh while the sun warmed my skin just enough so it wasn't uncomfortable. Perfect weather, I thought as we held hands and swayed them back and forth.

      "Nothing could spoil this moment." I said to him with a warm smile. He gave me one back and leaned on my shoulder. We stopped in place and he looked up at me with those green eyes of his.

His lips shone in the sunlight, his skin pinker than normal. His hair settled partially in his eyes, covering most of his forehead. I never noticed how perfect his features aligned. They fit all together creating a complete image of Hiroomi. These features that I love so much started to become more sharp and detailed. I was lost in his gaze as he leaned over to crash his lips against mine. He held my hands tightly, probably absorbing as much warmth as possible.

I wanted to give him all the warmth in the world just to satisfy him. I want to be the only one to give him this warmth. I thought all of this and not a single word was spoken toward him. I opened my mouth to maybe, finally tell Hiroomi that I have accepted his love completely. I want him to know that I am fully committed and no longer afraid of what is to come. Say it out loud, I thought as I felt the bead of sweat form on the side of my head. Tell him how you really feel.

I swallowed all the nervousness and once he released me from his grasp, I opened my mouth.

     "Hiroomi, I just want to say that I–" Before I could release my thoughts, Hiroomi jumped to my side with his arms held out around me. He turned his head toward me to yell something. His face was urgent and full of rage.

     "Akihito, run–!" My head started to spin. Hiroomi was interrupted by a blast from something in the distance. His body flew to the side and across the concrete. His body rolled several times and hit a tree, hard.

      "H-Hiroomi!" My eyes widen as his body doesn't move. I jerk my head to see what was the cause, and to my dismay, the person who stood before me was–

     "Izumi!!!" Her figure appears from behind a tree. Her face was full of disappointment and frustration.

     "Quit corrupting Hiroomi you monster!!" She shouts as she raises her staff and clashes it against the ground. Grass and dirt flies into the air from where the staff struck the earth and it continued to fly my way. I turned to run toward Hiroomi, but stumbled in the process.

       "H-Hiroomi!!" I scream over at him. He doesn't respond. Izumi hits my shoulder and I'm forced to face her.

     "Hiroomi is dead because of you!" Her harsh words hit me hard. Because of me? She's right. If I wasn't dangerous, she wouldn't have attacked and Hiroomi wouldn't have jumped in the way to save me. It's my fault, it's all my fault. Because I'm a monster...

My breathing starts to quicken, my hands start to feel moist and grimy. Then, a headache pains my thoughts and I start to cave in. Angry voices start to ravage my brain and cause my eyes to squeeze shut. My hands cover my ears, but nothing changed, the voices still invaded my thoughts. I started to scream but I couldn't hear it. In fact, I couldn't hear anything. Only the voices in my head.

They started to scream over and over again; He's hurt, what do I do? What do I do?! It's my fault he's hurt. He's going to die, I'm going to die. No, Izumi did this! Stop Izumi! Yes! Kill her, kill Izumi, kill her, kill her, kill her!!! I started to realize I was saying these things out loud. I laughed, and then, I lost control.

A/n: finally! The main climax! Sorry not sorry for the cliffhanger aha....but I am sorry it is rather short...I wanted to save the good parts for the next chapter. Because of this I will try extra hard to update as soon as possible!!!!!
As always, thank you for being patient!

Next Update: December (or possibly sooner!!)