Live and Let Love

Start from the beginning

"I honestly don't know what I should say."

Piper could laugh herself to death at that, amazed by how emotionally numb asshole Bill could get.

"How about, I'm happy for you, Piper?" Piper tried anyway to somehow wake him up, teach him how to treat a daughter.

Bill glanced around the table, only to meet several curious eyes looking back at him, examing his every move. His eyes met Alex's, he observed them for a few moments, then turned to his wife. "Carol, do you really approve that?"

Piper bursted out laughing histaraclly.

Alex held Piper's hand, asking to support her fiance during this difficult scene. It took all of Alex's will to shut up and not to start yelling at fucking Bill. She saw how much he hurt Piper and wanted to kick him right in the nuts or at least kill him. However, Alex remained calm, she believed this belongs to Piper. She knows her, Piper likes to handle things on her own, and sure will be pissed if Alex tried to defend her.

"You're hopeless." Piper shook off Alex's grip, and held her head between her hands in frustration.

"How did you turn into this?" Bill questioned, mostly himself.

"Into what?"

"Into this. Foolish. Stupid. Naaive."

"Actually, Bill, you'd be suprised to acknowledge that prison had vanished the naaive me."

"Yes. That's right. Prison. You've been to fucking prison, because of her!" He angrily pointed at Alex. "And you wanna 'marry' her?" It disgused Bill to even mention the word. "Where did you learn that?"

"Love. I learned this from love." Piper answered simply, her voice quiter and innocent, almost a whisper.

"Love.." Bill scoffed. "She's gonne betray you the second she gets something out of it, she's such a manipulative cunt!" Everyone around the table gasped at Bill's super rude behavior. He was talking about Alex like she wasn't in the room, although she was. Alex argued the need to speak up. Everytime she felt like she couldn't hold back anymore, Cal shot her a death glare, signing she shouldn't do it. Having Alex in the argument will only make it all worse.

But Alex also had doubts that Bill was right. Deep inside she still believed she wasn't any good for Piper. She wasn't any good for herself.

Piper looked straight to Alex as soon as Bill said what he did. She noticed Alex was getting insecure and couldn't stand it. Her sad expression quickly turned into a furious one. She stood up, slamming her hands on the table. "Dare you to fucking talk about her like that once again!" She warned him, which made him feel a bit uneasy. "You don't fuck with me. You don't fuck with Alex. You-"

"Yeah, bring it on, the lesbian scary bitch attitude. Come on! I didn't raise you to be like that."

"Actually," Piper braced herself for what was yet to come. "you didn't raise me at all!" At the edge, Piper stormed out of the room.

----

The same night was extremely harsh on Piper. She and Alex had planned to stay in Connecticut for the visit, since they lived in New-York which is pretty far, though after the embarrassing dinner, the plans changed. Piper was desperately trying to convince Alex to leave her parent's house right away, but Alex insisted it was too late to drive. They eventually agreed to stay the night in Piper's old bedroom and leave with dawn.
Piper ended up crying herself to sleep in Alex's arms, miserable and humiliated. All of Alex's attempts to make her lover feel better had gone down the drain. It frustrated Alex that she couldn't seem to help her.

It was nearly 3 A.M and Piper had finally managed to get some rest. Alex examined the poor sleeping girl, feeling sorry for her. She thought for a moment that if fathers have such an effect on their daughters, it might be for the best she didn't know hers. He would break her down for good.