"She does?" He asked in shock.

"Yeah and he's head over heels for her," she nodded.

"Really?"

"Yeah and everyone knows, but, I'm pretty sure, them," she shook her head at the sad fact.

"They'll figure it out," Doug said.

*************************************************************************************************************

"So are you going to the game?" Grayson asked as they exited the class.

"Yeah, I promised someone I would," she nodded. Her next period was free and she was thinking about strolling through the garden to get her mind off things. She also needed to figure out a way to fix her and Harry's friendship.

"Harry?" He asked and she nodded, "Is he your boyfriend?" He asked with a tilted head. He had always seen them together but today was different. Something must've happened.

"No!" Uma quickly denied, "Why do people keep asking me that?"

"Maybe because you guys act like a couple," Grayson said as he raised an eyebrow. He didn't understand how she didn't see that.

"How so?" Uma raised her eyebrow and crossed her arms.

"Well," he began to count on his fingers, "you guys hold hands, are always together, look at each other like you wouldn't know what you would do without the other, you always go to his games... must I go on?"

Uma shook her head. What he listed was things that seemed normal to her. Not like it showed that they were in a relationship. "We were always like that," she said as she looked up at him, "we've been friends for years."

"Friends don't do what you guys do," Grayson said as he shrugged, "Least not the ones I've seen here."

"Well," Uma said, having enough of these confusing feelings talk, decided to end it, "that's what we are, no more, no less."

"Well if that's the case... you wouldn't mind spending your free period with me?" Grayson said.

Usually Uma spent her free period wandering the halls and the garden by herself. None of the crew had the same free period as her so she was always alone for it. She looked at him and could tell she made him nervous with the way he was shifting foot to foot and chewing on his bottom lip. The longer she waited to answer him the harder he bit his lip. "Okay," she finally agreed and smiled when he smiled, "Only if you enjoy walking the gardens."

"The gardens?" He asked and his smile widened, "If you enjoy the gardens I can show you something even better than it."

"Really?" She asked, "Where?"

His smile turned mischievous, "You'll see."

******************************************************************************************************************

They walked for what felt like 30 minutes straight when Uma groaned, "When are we going to get there? I can't miss class."

"It's just at the top of this hill," Grayson said.

They walked further into the woods in silence. The only thing that could be heard was there footsteps. Jake was closely behind them but far enough to give them some privacy. The incline they were walking up only for steeper and Uma's calves started to hurt. They didn't really have hills on the Isle and the shoes she was in, her seashell covered brown boots, were not made for climbing.

When they got to what looked like a clearing at the top of the hill, Grayson stuck out his hand to help her up the last few steps and turned her to face the way they came.