Point Break

“Welcome to Point Break. My names  Deucalion, I’m the owner of this establishment and you must be Stiles. Welcome.” He waited for a reply but got nothing. Stiles was too busy studying the strange new world he had been thrown in. “I trust you had a pleasant drive?”

“Yeah, sure.” The man turned up the corner of his mouth pleased he had finally gotten Stiles to speak. The man was only a little taller than Stiles and he looked to be about his fathers age. He wore sunglasses and a leather jacket and Stiles couldn’t fight the urge of thinking what a total tool this Duke guy must be.

“Well I’m sure you are ready to get started. Hank here will take you in and get you started. You’ll get your housing assignment there. Enjoy your stay with us.” With that he walked away waving his hand slightly in the air not looking back.

“Thanks there captain douche.” he could hear the now named Hank snicker behind him as he picked up the duffel bag and led the way into the main building.

The room was small with a long table against the wall and Stiles sat in one of the two chairs, bouncing his leg up and down, chewing on his thumb nail. The quiet was bothering him as he waited for the arrival of his next babysitter.

“Hello Stiles, I know you're scared but I can promise you that I’m not the enemy. You’re safe here.” The man had a warm smile as he looked up from the folder he held in his hands. Stiles loosened up a bit relieving the tension he had been holding onto. “I’m Dr. Deaton. I’m just going to ask a few questions, examine your body and then we can get you settled in your new housing assignment. Is that alright?”

“Do I even have a choice?” He smiled again at the boy setting the folder on the table then took a seat in the remaining chair.

“I know you're scared and things probably don’t make any sense right now but they will. This isn’t a punishment. A lot of the kids here hated it at first but now many of them couldn’t think of any place they would rather be.” Stiles just sat leaning back with his arms across his chest, trying to avoid making any eye contact. “Let’s get started and then get some food in you.” He grabbed the folder from the table and opened it ready to start taking notes.

“What’s that say?” Deaton looked up from his papers glad he was finally getting Stiles to say more than a few words.

“It’s just your medical and school records. It tells me your medical history, that you played on your school's Lacrosse team, that you are 15 and your grades were rather good up until a few months ago.”

“Does it also say that I would rather have a bird peck out my eyes then be here right now?” Stiles rubbed his hands over his face trying to fight the nauseating feeling and his need for something to numb his brain.

“I’m afraid not. Have you used today?” He received no response as he expected. Deaton put the folder back down and stood pulling gloves from his pocket and placing them over his hands. “I need to check your shoes and hoodie, and I need you to empty your pants pockets. Stiles could have freaked out but he didn’t, he knew it was pointless. He kicked off his shoes and pulled off his maroon colored hoodie handing them over, after that he pulled out his cell phone and wallet laying them on the table. Dr. Deaton shook out the hoodie finding nothing and handed it back, then he picked up the shoes and began a search. It didn’t take long for him to pull out the hidden goodies Stiles so desperately wanted. “Acid and Xanax.” He handed back the shoes and placed all of Stiles things in a bag sealing it.

“I don’t suppose I can get that stuff back? Or are you going to turn me in?”

“I’m not here to get you in trouble. These things will be disposed of and as for your belongings you will get them back when the time is right.”

“When the time is right. Cool.” Stiles leaned back again after putting his things back on.

“Alright, all that’s left is the exam and we can get you all setup.” Deaton smiled gesturing Stiles to stand.

Stiles sat up but didn’t stand, his heart starting to race “What kind of exam? I thought you had my medical records?”

“It’s a routine body exam just to make sure that everything is okay. No bruising or anything.” Stiles didn’t like that idea, he didn’t want to take his clothes off.

“I’m not a junkie or anything, I don’t have any track marks if that’s what you are looking for.”

“I believe you but I have to do the exam, it's policy.” He gave an apologetic grin. Stiles reluctantly stood. “I just need you to take off your shirt and pants, I promise it will be quick and painless.”

“Whatever.” Stiles quickly removed his things and Deaton directed him to have a seat on the table. He ran his gloved hands over Stiles skin checking for any signs of physical abuse and what Stiles had suggested, track marks.

“That’s a nasty little scar, what happened?” Deaton jotted down notes.

“Lacrosse.” Stiles pulled his arms to his chest.Deaton moved from Stiles back to his legs.

“Don’t be such a baby Stiles, it’ll be okay. I can kiss it and make it all better.”

“Don’t!” Stiles pushed back hitting the wall bringing up his knees with him almost knocking over Dr. Deaton. Deaton watched as the boys large brown eyes were wide with fear, tears threatening them.

“It’s okay Stiles. I’m done. Are you okay?” He picked up the clothes that were piled on the floor and slowly handed them back to Stiles. It took a moment and Stiles reached out grabbing them. “What happened there? Where did you go just then?” Stiles loosened up a bit realizing he just flipped out.

“Nowhere, I just- nowhere.” He slid off the table and started dressing. Deaton let it go but knew something was bothering Stiles, he just couldn’t figure it out yet.

“If you're sure you're fine I’m going to take this stuff into the office. Boyd will be in to get you in a few minutes. He’ll be your counselor and take you to your cabin, explain the rules, and get you some food.” With that he offered him one last smile. “Remember, it’s going to get better.” Then he left.

After a few minutes as promised a new guy entered the room. He looked young, maybe in his early twenties.

“So you're the welcome committee I assume.”

“I prefer Boyd, but I guess you could say that. Follow me kid.”

The sun was hot as it beamed down on the wilderness that surrounded them.

“I feel like I was sent to summer camp in a fucking Stephen King novel. If little girls come out of the woods and ask me to play forever and ever or a clown comes out of the river and asks me if I want a balloon, I’m out of here.” Boyd laughed at the joke and shook his head.

“You’ll be in the Horizon group, it’s a unisex group so no sneaking around and getting frisky or you’ll be immediately expelled. This isn’t just some sort of rehab, we have regular classes, group therapy, and activities like hiking, swimming, sports, stuff like that. Any questions?” They stopped in front of a cabin that had a large sign over the door with a yellow sun that said Horizon.

“Are there complimentary towels and little candies on the pillows?” Boyd smiled and shook his head opening the door.

“You’ll fit into the group just fine.”