Jin: Is everything good?

I went to the options and pressed the phone icon to call him.

"What's up? Did something happen?" Jin groggily said on the other line.

"Did I wake you up? I'm so sorry, I'll talk to you later then," I mumbled.

"Nah, it's alright. I only closed my eyes for a few seconds and you called me right after," he chuckled.

"You sure?" I asked.

"Yes, Jungkook," he said.

"Hyung, I think I'm making progress with _____. I'm nervous, but I'm excited right now," I confessed.

"Did you guys talk it out?"

"No."

As if I could sense his confusion, he said, "Then how are you making progress?"

"Long story, but basically, she needed help and I was there for her. I also comforted her when she cried," I turned to lie on my side.

"Wow, you're so lucky. Take advantage of that opportunity, okay?" Jin advised me.

"Yeah, I got it," I smiled.

"Is there anything else you want to talk about? Sorry for rushing you, but I feel like I'm going to knock out any second, right now," he yawned.

"I think I'm good for now."

"Okay, goodnight. I have to hit Namjoon in the head for eating on my bed because I can feel crumbs now."

"Goodnight," I laughed and ended the call.

ORIGINAL POV

"Did you sleep well?"

I looked up from my laptop and smiled at him, "Yeah, I did. How about you?"

Jungkook rubbed the back of his neck. "I didn't sleep as much," he yawned.

"Why not?"

He broke into a shy smile, "The reason is pretty lame."

"Tell me," I said pouting.

Jungkook sat down beside me on the kitchen dinner table. His hair was messy and he sniffed because of his rhinitis. Poor baby.

Actually, this feels kind of weird that I can be comfortable like this. It's not bad, I just didn't expect this to happen. Maybe we can't go back to being a thing anymore, but he is a good guy. I don't think I can be able to reject his offer if he wants to stay as friends.

"I was thinking about you," he confessed.

My heartbeat quickened as he threw that out of nowhere. "W- what?"

"You heard me."

"Why though?"

Jungkook threw his head back and chuckled, "Well, I still like you. I never stopped liking you."

Why do you make this so difficult?

"I don't know if we can go back to how things were. You were gone for so long and I'm afraid you'll end up leaving again," I said stating out my fears.

"Do you still like me, _____?" He leaned in slowly.

I could feel my cheeks heating up and I broke the eye contact first. I looked back at my laptop screen and began to type anything random to distract any emotions from coming back.