Chapter 1

"There's NO MOCHA?!"

Carmen slammed her fist on the counter, yelling at the barista, who offered her a caramel latte. Reluctantly, Carmen agreed, mumbling. She took her drink and payed the barista, sitting down at a nearby table.

"You," someone said. Carmen looked up, realizing it was the girl from her dream! At least, one of them. Carmen's eyes widened as she looked around for the third girl, who she found flirting with the same man who refused to give Carmen a mocha.

"You! And... her?!" Carmen said, brought back into reality. She grabbed the third girl and dragged her over to where the other one was. And soon the third girl recognized the other two and screamed before Carmen covered her mouth.

"Carmen," she said. "Nice to meet you, punks."

"Julien," said the first girl. "Is that your favorite word?"

"Mia," said the second/third girl. "Why were you crying in the dream?"

And so Carmen explained how her mother hanged herself when Carmen was only 8, how she tried to talk to them in the dream before she realized she was dead. And so their conversation continued until Carmen finished a rather dissatisfying caramel latte.

"So, where are you guys staying?" Carmen asked.

"I, uh, don't actually have a place to stay," Julien said. Silently, Mia said something of the same likeness, and Carmen sighed.

"Okay, rascals, let's go," she said.

"Where?"

"The hotel. We're getting a room."