Chapter 1

I don't own any of the characters. In my English class, we read The Wrong Boy by Suzy Zail. It didn't end the way the whole class thought it would, so I decided to write a sequel. Here it is. My first book. I would like to credit my fantastic editor, Sereen171.

______________________________________

It's been 4 long years since I left Debrecen, Hungary. It's nice here in Paris, I'm still able to lose myself to the music that runs through my veins. Sometimes, I fantasize the one day Karl and I might reunite. I'm not complaining, I like being engaged to Michael Wollner. Its nice being with someone I trust, but I don't feel the same way I felt when I was with Karl. It seemed wrong, but right at the same time; the miraculous flow between us was inspirable. I still haven't told Michael about Karl. The past is the past and someday I will let it go.

As I think of my dilemma, I feel a rough shake startle my relaxed body. "Hanna, wake up now or you'll be late." Erika said loudly, as she left to get ready for work. I work as a pianist at the 58 Tour Eiffel and Erika is a waitress there. Every time I'm there, I feel as though I'm in the spotlight, and every time I strike the keys, it transports me back to when Karl and I had our first, daring kiss. "I'm awake. I'll be ready in five minutes." I replied with an annoying and drowsy tone. I gradually got out of bed and pulled out a long floral dress and tied my hair up in a bun with a long curl hanging down.

Since arriving in Paris, our hair has grown much longer. During the first year in Paris, I got into the habit of curling my hair and wearing a little bit of make up. I'm not sure why, perhaps I thought that since it's a new year and I was starting a new life, I should change my young, innocent appearance. I put on my bright pink high heels, they're not even that high but I still complain to Erika about how high heels are bad and that we shouldn't be wearing them. She starts giving me the lecture about how beautiful I look and that the high heels make me look good and that "I need to be a bit taller for God's sake!"  I took the elevator down to the parking lot. Erika was in already in the car, whinging about how late I am. I got in the car and Erika started driving as soon as the door shut. It took us about an hour to get there. I got out of the car and someone was standing directly in front of me.

His hair was long and blonde, he was tall and muscular. I looked into his eyes and that's when realisation finally struck me. I was in shock. It can't be him, he's in jail, I thought silently to myself. Erika came out of the car asking what was wrong, but I couldn't find my voice to answer. "It's been a long time Hanna" he said in that same, soft voice he'd always use for me. He reached into his pocket and pulled out my C sharp "I think it's about time that I returned this". Erika reached out and took the C sharp out of his hand. It was then that he noticed Erika and put out his hand " I'm Karl Jager, you must be Erika". Erika's eyes widened in recognition.

There, beside Karl, stood a tall girl, she was skinny with black hair tied back in a long pony tail. You could tell her hair was naturally curly, but her curls looked so impossibly perfect. Her eyes were a very bright grey. She was wearing a short black ruffled skirt with black leggings and a white button-up shirt with elbow length sleeves. She had knee-length black boots with heels. She looked absolutely stunning, and the smirk she was giving me indicated that she knew it too.

She put out her hand "I'm Esmeralda Dove,". I took her hand " Karl's girlfriend" she said then gave me an evil smirk.

I was in shock again. I looked over at Erika who also seemed to be shocked. I heard Erika and my name being called, it was Michael Wollner. Did I forget to mention that Michael was the the manager of the restaurant that Erika and I worked at? "I'm coming!" I yelled to him. I quickly scribbled my address and gave it to Karl. I grabbed Erika and pulled her into the restaurant "Who was that?" asked Michael. I didn't know how to reply. I wasn't ready to tell him about Karl just yet. "Just an old friend." I answered. When Michael looked at me incredulously I said "I will tell you later, I promise." I kissed him on the cheek and hung my coat on a wooden hanger. I walked towards the piano and started playing Moonlight Sonata. It was Karl's favorite and it felt appropriate to play it at this moment.