~Chapter 7~ Tense

Start from the beginning

"Why are you calling 'your best friend', when I don't consider you as one anymore?" I ask him and he looks at me in shock. 

I yank my wrist out of his grasp then start walking away. I leave Ah Ro's office and start heading to class for the test today. I sat down in front of Han Sung and sit with my arms crossed then I felt something being pressed against my back.

"What the-" I start saying then I look back at Han Sung and he put pieces of paper against my back. "Are you going to cheat?!" I ask him quietly and he puts a finger over his mouth.

"Keep a secret..." He whispers and I roll my eyes. 

We then began the test and I wrote three simple words. "왕은 존재하지 않는다" it means, "The King Does Not Exist". I then folded up my piece of paper and I finished my test. I then laid my head down on my desk and began to fall asleep.

"How dare you disrespect me like that, you filthy child!" Hyun-Je exclaims as he hits me once again and I fall to the ground.

I could hear Han Sung weeping as he tried to catch his breath. Dan Se held onto him in comfort to make sure he didn't watch me get abused. Hyun-Je had gotten angry at Han Sung because he wouldn't listen. I stood up to Hyun-Je and pushed Han Sung out of the way and disrespected Hyun-Je severely. 

"J-Jae-Eun..." Han Sung mutters then Hyun-Je grabs my wrist and squeezes it as he held me in the air.

"Agree of the disgusting half-bone you are!" Hyun-Je commands and I swallowed my words. "Say that you don't deserve to live and you're a disgrace to your father's name!" Hyun-Je demands and I bit my lip.

"No!" I argue then he punches my stomach with his free hand.

I yelp in pain as everyone around us looked at both Hyun-Je and I in shock. I disrespected him again and I was really going to get it this time. He twirls me around and looks at me up and down then he smirks.

"Since you're so feisty and you're protective over my grandsons, do me a favor and come with me." Hyun-Je suggests and my eyes widened.

I then began to scream on the top of my lungs and struggle. He threw me over his shoulder and began to carry me back to his home. I was hitting his back and kicking his chest as he smacked my behind, hard, to make me shut up.

"Jae Eun!" Han Sung yells as him and Dan Se ran after me.

I held my hands out to them and they each grabbed one of my hands. They began to pull me and I pulled myself towards them and fell into Han Sung's arms. I was sobbing my heart out then I felt a hard smack on my back. I gripped onto Han Sung's clothes tight as he held onto me tighter.

"Ahn Jae Eun." Hyun-Je says then I look up at him and he had his arms crossed.

I then let go of Han Sung as I stood back up, but he held onto my hands. I look down at Han Sung and he was begging me with his eyes to not go with his grandfather. I held onto Han Sung's tightly, assuring him I would be okay and he began to cry even more.

"Please..." Han Sung begs then I yank my hand out of his grasp.

"I'll...be okay." I assure Han Sung.

I then turn my back to him as I walk behind his grandfather to his home. Han Sung was screaming for my name and I clenched my fists tightly. We entered his home then he led me to his bedroom. He then sat down on his bed and gestured me to lay down on it. That was the day I lost my innocence, not my virginity, at twelve years old.

I sat up in alarm with sweat pouring down my face. I look up at Wi Hwa and he shows us three sheets of paper. Mine, a blank sheet of paper, and Dog-Bird's.