The Shape of This Country

Start from the beginning

I then realized something.

"I totally forgot that I was supposed to meet up with them by now. Olivier told me to do so." I said while running to the room of the tunnel.

I run for at least 5 minutes before I get there, and I see the general waiting for me.

"(y/n), you were almost late." Olivier said while impatiently tapping her foot.
"I'm sorry Olivier." I said.
"Lower some horses and bring the Elrics."

We all were lowered in. We were riding.

"Awesome, this is a serious tunnel." Ed exclaimed.
"I still can't believe that an intruder was able to get this far through our defenses." Oliver explained.
"So has anyone else made it into the fort before?" I asked.
"No, not in all the time I've had Command here. But once, nearly 20 years ago, there was a strange incident where the mountain guard was attacked in the middle of winter. Apparently a mysterious woman stole food and supplies for a full month."

I looked at Ed and Al.

'It was their teacher wasn't it?' I asked myself.

Ed and Al looked scared.

"It was teacher!" They whispered.
"Called it." I mumbled.

We rode for a little bit longer.

"This should be far enough. You... Dismount." Olivier announced.

We all dismounted from our horses. Olivier sat on a box that I don't know where she got it from.

"Now then. We're safely away from any prying eyes. You can tell me everything without fearing discovery. And I mean everything." Olivier explains.

Ed, Al, and I gasp.

"Don't hold anything back. Yesterday I asked you about that monster. Remember what you said? I can't answer. You refused me and that even as a hint is a dangerous thing to do. I told you to answer my questions fully and completely. And in great parole to yourself, you neglected to do so. I think that there's something you're trying to hide and you'd risk your lives to protect it. Something or maybe someone. This time. Don't lie to me. I want the truth." Olivier explained.

I looked at Ed and Al. They looked at me and we decided to answer.

"We need your help General." Ed said.

*later*

"The Philosophers Stone. Homunculi. Fühur King Bradley. A mysterious man called father. Corruption in the Senior Staff." Olivier says slowly.
"There are hostages available as well." Buccaneer said.
"Your childhood friend the automail engineer and all of Mustang's men. We've done some joint training with Eastern Command over the years. So I know officers Hawkeye and Havoc. And I'd hate it if we lost either of them. I would like to help them."
"And what about Mustang." Falmen says.
"Yeah. I couldn't care less about him. (y/n) is lower rank and I like her more than Mustang."

I look at her. She likes me more than Mustang.

"I would love to see him get out of power. That would eliminate another rival." She says explicitly.

We all get a worried look.

"Never mind him. The question is, what do we do next? This tunnel here. I want to know what you Alchemists think of it." She asks and says.

I was listening to Ed about how the tunnel didn't originate in Drachma.

"Ed. The tunnel is probably a circle." I said, completely cutting him off.

We then gasp.

"Lieutenant Falmen. List the major events in Amestris that were accompanied by bloodshed?" Ed and I ask.
"By bloodshed? What are you both getting at?" Falmen asks.

I read what Ed had circled and it was Ishval. Falmen gasped.

"First there's July 1588. In Riviey." Falmen said.
"Ok Riviey, next." Ed said.
"October 1661, The Cameron Uprising. February 1799, The Soapman Incident there in Fisk. March 1811, The Wellesley Incident. October 1835, The First Southern Border War in what is now known as South City. Then in 1911, there was The Second Border War in Photoset."
"What about Pendleton? In the West."
"There's been fighting with Creta. A lot of soldiers have died. Then later in 1914, was the Liore Insurrection. There were many casualties."

I look at Ed shocked.

"What?" Ed exclaims.
"An insurrection? But Why?" Al yells.
"I don't understand. We exposed the fake priest in Liore. And I reported it to Eastern Command immediately."
"Yes you did. But the Central forces came and ran out the Eastern soldiers. After that Liore fell into pieces." Falmen said.

I grabbed my head and almost cried. I kept it together.

"Damnit!" I yelled.
"Fullmetal get back to work." Olivier said.
"Fine. And now we connect the dots." Ed said.

I took a look at it shocked. It was what Dad told me about.

The Country-Wide Transmutation Circle...

Guys 6-7 weeks is a long wait I know. I was rewatching brotherhood. But the good thing is that I updated. Thanks for being there my readers and expect an update either from Friday to Saturday. -CRUSIFIXdroid