15 | YOU FOUND ME

Start from the beginning

"I'm always here, Samantha." She said, kindly smiling back at me. "Now, go get your man!"

I giggled lightly and scurried over to the door, grabbing my coat and looking back at Diana nervously, "Should I really be doing this?"

"Yes!" She shouted, jumping up and down.

"Okay, here it goes." I said, opening the door and running outside, feeling the cold winter breeze immediately hit my face.

Alright. Now it was time to think. Where could Gilbert be?

The last time I saw him, he was walking into the forest away from his house. So, that was the first place I looked. As I ran further and further away from the Barry house, I felt a rush of relief come over me as if I was running towards something I need dearly. And it was true.

"Gilbert!" I called, trudging through the thick winter snow. "Gilbert!"

He wasn't anywhere near where I was, otherwise I would've heard him. I then looked down at the snow to see footprints previously imprinted in the snow.

"Brilliant," I muttered, beginning to follow the footprints through the forest.

The footprints were slightly bigger than mine, and whoever the person was, they were wearing dress shoes. They had to be Gilbert's. Nobody else would've been wearing dress shoes for a walk through the snow unless it was after some sort of party—well in this case, a funeral.

After what seemed like forever of following unknown footprints, I made my way to an open plain with trees bordering the perimeter of the area. As I looked closer, I could see a figure walking through the middle, looking down at the snow.

I didn't have to think twice. I knew it was Gilbert. The same Gilbert who saved me from Billy that first day at school. The same Gilbert who fixed me after Josie beat me up, and after I passed out. He was always there for me, without me even having to ask. Now, it was time for me to be there for him.

"Gilbert!" I called, and began to run towards the boy dressed in black.

Gilbert turned around, looking at me in surprise, as continued to run. The whole moment seemed to go in slow motion. As if nothing in the world was more important than the two of us right here, right now.

"Samantha," Gilbert breathed, right before I collided with him and wrapped my arms around him.

He immediately wrapped his arms around me, picking me up off the ground with his arms tightly wrapping around my torso as mine were around his neck.

In this moment, in his arms, I felt home.

"You found me," he breathed, letting me go gently and setting me down in front of him.

Even though he let go, our arms were still around each other as we looked into each others eyes.

"I did," I said, my voice soft. "I don't know how I didn't have enough courage to say it before. But the past year has been amazing. I had never known where I belonged in this world until I met you. Gilbert, I love you."

There it is, I said it. I had told him I loved him. I had done what I never though I would do before.

"You do?" Gilbert said, he said, his eyes widening in shock. "Samantha—"

I cut him off before he could say anything, "I know, you may not love me back and I'm okay with that because I'm used to being let down and I just can't help how I feel and—"

"I love you too," Gilbert said, cutting me off. "I love you, Samantha Darling."

Before I could say anything else, he pressed his lips onto mine. The feeling of butterflies immediately erupted in me as I melted into his arms. His lips were soft and delicate, and the kiss was passionate. It was everything I'd ever dreamed it would be. And in that moment, the world froze and it was just the two of us together, sharing the best moment we've ever had in our entire lives.

"I'm so glad you found me, Samantha." Gilbert said, leaning his forehead onto mine.

"When you think about it, it was really you who found me." I said, thinking to when we first met.

He chuckled and pulled me close, never wanting to let me go.

And so the two of us stood there, looking into each other's eyes with our arms wrapped around each other as if we were puzzle pieces that perfectly fit together. It was love. And it was perfect.

im cryin this is perfect