red rose

Rose POV

I wasn't lying when I said I had work to do earlier. I shouldn't being going with jake tonight nor do I want to. It was around five. I guess I should go and get ready I put on a black dress with medium high heels. I went and sat on my bed wondering what it would be like if my mom was still here . I remember her from when I was young six or so I don't remember what happened to her I just remembered she was gone my dad would never tell me about her. A knock from the door stopped my chain if thoughts. Maybe if I stay silent they  will leave "rose open the door now" my fathers voice...great "ok"  I opened the door allowing him to come in . He looked my outfit up and down with a displeased look " will you act pleasant tonight" he said with a cold tone. I simply just stared at him did he really just say that. "Answer me" ugh " sure" that earned me a glare. " rose this is important your 18th birthday is in a couple of months " yes it is .... " yes it is yeah ill behave but jake will be here soon you should leave" . " why" worth a shot " I need to finish getting ready unless you want to talk about mom " he looked a little taken aback "your mother is not important " what how could she not be " how could you say that she is very important" I could feel my temper start to rise but my father left the room not long before jake showed up. "Hello rose this is for you" wow he brought me a rose..a plain red rose. Not even my favorite rose and a little corny dont you think. I put on one of those dazzling fake smiles " thank you there beautiful" he smiled back "are you ready to leave rose" never would I be "yes" he held out his arm for me to take . There is no way im getting out of this I thought as I took ahold of his arm he walked me down the hallway to where are limo was waiting . after we were in the car jake told the driver to take us to the restaurant which the name I couldnt even pronouce. I was staring out the window watching the trees be a blur as we drove past them. When jake coughed it startled me and I jumped " sorry " he said " its ok I said looking back out the window " here we are" once I got out of the car I noticed a few higher ups one noticed me he walked and greeted me with a grin clearly showing his fangs. "Hello miss how are you on this fine day"  oh he was one of my fathers friends . " im great thank you for asking Mr.jacobs" . I started to walk off just as jake came up and ask if I was ready to go in " yes" as we were at the door I looked over my shoulder to look at Mr.jacobs he was smiling at me .
  The waiter led us to our table in the far corner. We sat down and the waiter handed a menu and told us he would be back soon when we were ready. "So im glad you came today " jake said with a smile " that makes one of us "yeah" .
The time at the restaurant was boring I made an excuse about being tired then we left . Once I was back in my room I took a shower and put some shorts on with a tanktop. I was sitting on my bed when hunger hit me I hadnt had any blood in the past few days. I got up to go find blood in the kitchen when I heard foot steps coming from the other way . I turned the corner to see who its was . *thud* I bumped right into his chest "helloooo rose you should watch where your walking you know" he said with a chuckle I swatted his chest " oh be quiet derek" derek was my best friend I grew up with him "what are you doing" . "I was gonna get something to eat it can wait till later though ". " do you wanna do something " he lost his father when he was six also " like what " he said grinning " idk like watch tv or something " he turns 18 two months before me. " ok cool ". We headed back to my room to watch whatever was on.